PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
I work every holiday. I do morning and afternoon chores, which together take 9 hours. Christmas Eve, I came home, went down to the cellar to shower. Came back up after, the Mrs's just got home from her moms. We were talking and suddenly I got light headed and immediately sat down. Within 30 seconds I passed out. I guess I was out for a few minutes. Of course she became hysterical and I came to. I felt fine and hopped up on my feet and calmed her down. She talked me in to going to the ER. I got the whole works. X-ray, EKG, ct scan, and blood work. Everything came back good. The doc said it was a combination of fatigue, stress, dehydration, and not eating enough that day. I was released around midnight. I didn't see Santa there.
Hope everyone had a better Christmas Eve than me! And yes, I feel fine and I'm currently enjoying a Balkan supreme.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Christmas is about having stories to tell when it's all over. You got the gift that keeps on giving making Xmas 2015 a memorable one! Congrats :)

rhoadsie

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2013
Virginia, USA
Glad everything is okay, few appreciate the sacrifices of a farmer.
Vacation? Sounds fascinating, tell me more...
1a55e8e2a3c67cf7a3bd583c60593ed0.jpg

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
AF you're gonna get old before your time...laughing. You said you're 29, I think? We all eventually learn we're not bullet proof.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I had a faux heart attack about five years ago, not long after I retired. I woke up about 3 a.m. and my left arm was numb, I felt a chill, and light headed. At first I had the usual male denial, but then I thought, boy is it dumb if I'm having a heart attack and could be treated, and go back to "sleep" and die. Stupid is stupid. So my wife drove me to the ER, which is luckily close. No heart problem, but a blessing in disguise, with high blood pressure, never diagnosed before, addressed, and later pre-diabetes. So it was the best misguided medical visit I ever made. Over "a certain age," you have to watch staying hydrated. Dehydration can knock you over. Great you are fine, and require no further care. Keep up with it and keep it that way for decades to come!

aggravatedfarmer

Sep 9, 2015
Thank you guys for the well wishes! Yes I am 29. As for vacation, I will be taking a few days when the little one is born. Which is literally any day now.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lD9ozx1-oT0

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
An awful way to spend Xmas eve. But glad to hear your doing fine and nothing serious was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.