PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
Last night I fired up Boswell's Christmas Cookie that was sent with a pipe I ordered. Bag not was lovely, effusing vanilla and fig, wife was a fan and let's me smoke some blends on the couch with her.
Room note was smooth and vanilla, much like the bag, first third of the bowl smelled great but taste was minimal for me, even on retro. I really impressed with how dry it smoked, even with heavy puffing. It also did not linger much indoors the way Aros sometimes do, I would say it was really clean burning. Smoked to dry Ash and didn't goop the pipe at all. One of the better smoking quality Aros I have tried, but would have liked more taste.
I smoke all styles of tobacco, Aros the least, but the ones I enjoy are PS cherry, Vanilla Custard, Captain Black Original.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Smoked CC a few years ago and didn't get any taste. Just too mild a blend to suit my tastes. I get the same results with other Boswell blends I've smoked.

mityahicks

Nov 18, 2018
Glad to know my palate isn't doomed. Worth it to smoke indoors with the lady after 13hrs in the hospital though.

drrock

Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
I’m a big fan of Boswell’s aromatics, especially Christmas Cookie & your nice review is spot on. Quality non-goopy stuff with a wonderful room note. I like the way it tastes but if you find it too mild taste-wise you could ramp it up by adding some Five Brothers or other heady burley.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Smoked my first bowl of this blend yesterday. Not unpleasant but certainly not memorable. The topping pretty much masks any tobacco taste. Minimal nicotine hit. Smoked a bowl of Northwoods Flake and found it to be a bit bland and mild. Railroad Station turned out to be rather decent.

mityahicks

Nov 18, 2018
I have smoked three more bowls of cookies since the review and it has grown on me a bit more. The mid bowl/second half have a bit more flavor. Still burns cleaner than most aromatics and it doesn't linger in the room. It helped me to smoke faster and hotter than I would normally do with aromatics.

Status
Not open for further replies.