PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowhatchie

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 27, 2010
It's begging to look a lot like Christmas.... Silver Bells and the Christmas song..are at the top for me...

byzcath

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2010
Off the top of my head, I'd have to say "Nova Radost' Stala," an Eastern European Carol that most Westerners would probably never hear, and Mannheim Steamroller's rendition of "Pat-a-Pan."

caliguy

Might Stick Around
Jul 30, 2010
I know this may sound strange (literally), but growing up in Southern California, it just isn't the Christmas season until I hear Jose Feliciano sing "Feliz Navidad". Awful I know, but I can't help it, it's such a happy little tune.

byzcath

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2010
@cortezattic: good to hear there is a Polish version of Nova Radost' Stala! The melody is the same, and the Polsih is so close to the Rusyn and Ukrainian I grew up with that I can still understand it! Thanks for posting that!

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
Dean Martin's (Anything but especially A Marshmallow World)

That brings back great memories of the music that Mom and Dad would play when we were decorating the tree.
Traditional: O Holy Night, Carol of the Bells
Pop: Blue Christmas, basically the whole soundtrack of A Charlie Brown Christmas.
Novelty: Christmas in Hollis, Porky Pig's version of B-b-blue Christmas.
Simon

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
got to love this one searock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzTG0fTLAlU

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I love the Christmas season and Christmas songs in general, but if I had to pick favourite artists it would go like this:
Bing Crosby

Nat King Cole

Perry Como

Burl Ives

Vince Guaraldi

Frank Sinatra

Dean Martin

and whoever the kookie cats were that did the music for Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.