PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2015
An amazing gift from Duane (chasingembers) arrived on my porch yesterday!!!!!
Duane PM'd me and told me he was gifting me a pipe he'd won in a lot on eBay after I had expressed interest in buying it. As if that weren't kind enough, he also sent me some stellar tobaccos, none of which I have and only one of which I have ever smoked. The box included John Aylesbury LuxuryFlake, Speakeasy, Father the Flame, Kendal Gold Banana, Watch City Slices and Brown Sugar Flake (YAY!)! I'm stunned by his generosity! Thank you SO MUCH for this wonderful gift. It made my week!
The pipe came like-new after a fabulous clean-up job and smokes amazingly well. This is a great shape and it's SUPER comfortable in the mouth. Definitely moving some other pipes "down the bench" to make room for this awesome pipe!
What I was expecting to receive:
Sav_920.jpg

What I ACTUALLY received:
20170719_174106.jpg

20170719_174725.jpg

Truly one of the best gifts I've ever received.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

May 4, 2015
Surprise is an understatement! I knew I was in for something special when I saw the size of the box!
As an aside, you should make a trip to some unnamed retailers and teach them how to pack a box.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That is a great looking one. Love that band. Wish it came in the 904. :crying: As for the packing, worked in a shipping department years ago when I was a kid. Learned how to keep things from moving around early on in a box. :wink: Plus, I really love bubble wrap! :mrgreen:

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Hell of a haul. Duane is the man. I tried to trade a tin of anything for 1 slice of Watch City no takers. HUM!! Oh well it must b e that pretty face of yours on your avatar. :rofl:

Jan 8, 2013
Duane didn't really send all that to you... Bigfoot broke into his home and stole the pipe and tobacco and mailed it to you under his name and address. That blasted sasquatch knows Duane and I are on to him, and that was his retaliation, by showing that he can be anywhere at anytime...even our homes! 8O

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That blasted sasquatch knows Duane and I are on to him, and that was his retaliation, by showing that he can be anywhere at anytime...even our homes!

That's where all that hair came from! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.