PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

latoyii

Lurker
Jul 16, 2020
In search of that perfect mix. I enjoy Two Friends English Chocolate but would like a little more chocolate and a little more latakia. Bob's Chocolate Flake is a favorite at this point but is missing a little something.. Can't get my hands on GQ's Chocolate Vanilla in the US. Any recommendations? Cheers--lt

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Also not chocolate, but aromatic english blends I like include Country Squires Hunting Creek and Northwest Trek, Sutliff Burma Road, Count Pulaski, and Aromatic English, Watch City Stardust, and my favorite, Sillem’s Black.

Reactions: latoyii

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
As said Bob's Chocolate is probably the best for mix of chocolate and Latakia.
Not Latakia in but I found the most chocolate taste is, despite the name, GH Scotch flake. It is more chocolate than Bob's Chocolate.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta

Reactions: latoyii

latoyii

Lurker
Jul 16, 2020
Also not chocolate, but aromatic english blends I like include Country Squires Hunting Creek and Northwest Trek, Sutliff Burma Road, Count Pulaski, and Aromatic English, Watch City Stardust, and my favorite, Sillem’s Black.
Going to give Sillem's Black a try. Thank you.--lt

Reactions: anotherbob

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
  • Love
Reactions: latoyii and rushx9

latoyii

Lurker
Jul 16, 2020
Thank you for the input and advice! I did read the links provided by kschatey--very interesting. Thank you! I was able to find some SG Chocolate Flake and it is enroute. I also decided to order Stonehenge Flake from GLP. I'm equally excited to give it a try given that I already enjoy the Two Friends English Chocolate. It will be interesting to measure the similarities and differences. As for Sillem's Black, it looks like I will have to wait for some availability. It sounds a little "sweet" to me but I am willing to give it a go. I appreciate each of your comments. Cheers!--lt

Reactions: kschatey

latoyii

Lurker
Jul 16, 2020
Well. So far I have Bob's Chocolate Flake (GH), Kendal Mayor's (SG), English Chocolate (2Friends), Stonehenge Flake (GLP) and I am working on getting Chocolate Vanilla (GQ). GQ seems to be a tough one to get to the states but I am trying. Stay tuned! Cheers--lt

Reactions: kschatey

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Now marketed as

:)
Weird! Why is it no longer Sillem’s? Did they drop their whole line of tobacco? I really loved their Commodore Flake (very similar to McConnell’s Lat Flake IMO). Actually all the Sillem’s Flakes were top notch. I used to love Sillem’s Black many years ago but I must have smoked too much early on as I can’t stand the stuff anymore.

Reactions: ofafeather

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
Weird! Why is it no longer Sillem’s? Did they drop their whole line of tobacco? I really loved their Commodore Flake (very similar to McConnell’s Lat Flake IMO). Actually all the Sillem’s Flakes were top notch. I used to love Sillem’s Black many years ago but I must have smoked too much early on as I can’t stand the stuff anymore.
John Aylesbury is the new name on the label.

Here are all the blends offered by WCC...

Don

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I've only had two chocolate topped tobaccos, Bob's Chocolate Flake, and Sutliff Match Ready Rubbed. BCF, depending on the batch, can taste more carob-like than chocolate, but the Match RR beats it, I think, on all days where chocolatey taste is concerned. On the best of days, Match RR can be a bit like drinking a mug of cocoa.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I've only had two chocolate topped tobaccos, Bob's Chocolate Flake, and Sutliff Match Ready Rubbed. BCF, depending on the batch, can taste more carob-like than chocolate, but the Match RR beats it, I think, on all days where chocolatey taste is concerned. On the best of days, Match RR can be a bit like drinking a mug of cocoa.

I was thinking the same about burley blends... there is definitely a chocolate / cocoa / molasses thing going on in various degrees with different burley blends. OP might want to give some burley a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.