PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
Quick question, do you ever just eat a fat juicy 20 oz. grilled ribeye steak, potato with sour cream and chives, and a salad? Just curious...nothing bad about it if you don't of course, but I am curious.

Reactions: ofafeather

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
You certainly treat yourself well with respect to presentation. How about a recipe?

I would have to reverse engineer a recipe as I made this one up based on what I learned from other recipes.

I've recently learned that to get an extremely flavorful dish that tastes more like actual Chinese rather than Americanized Chinese is to go to the specialty store get the real ingredients such as: Pixian Doubanjiang, Sichuan peppercorns, Shaoxing wine, and Chinkiang vinegar. For stir frys, use a carbon steal wok, and be sure to velvet the meat - Chinese technique of marinating meat in a bit of cornstarch, oil, and seasoning.

This is not the recipe, but this was the initial inspiration.
Cooking With Pixian Doubanjiang: Sichuan Sauce for Stir-Fry | The Mala Market | Inspiration & Ingredients for Sichuan Cooking - https://blog.themalamarket.com/cooking-with-pixian-doubanjiang-sichuan-sauce-for-stir-fry/

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Status
Not open for further replies.