PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
You should come to the Chicagoland Pipe Collectors Club on July 21. It meets as 8 to 8 Cigar Shop in Villa Park. The website below provides times and dates and also a link for directions to the meeting.
http://www.chicagopipeshow.com/

zeedoctorae

Might Stick Around
Sep 10, 2017
Thanks Winton. Unfortunately, I will be out of town that weekend. How often does the club meet?
-Joe

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
We meet monthly. The website has the dates and location. Some of the members get together at other shops also.

frherbst3

Lurker
Oct 10, 2018
Hi, smoked a pipe on and off for many years and recently joined up to the site. I'm in Chicago and live just up the street from Iwan Ries on Wabash. Do pipe smokers meet? I thought we were all solitary?

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
You’re in luck! This is from the CPCC Newsletter. 8O
“Announcement of special social meet up to be held at Iwan Reis on Nov 10th from 1pm until close. There will not be any collection of dues but there will be a raffle for two $50 gift certificates.”

leafsmoker

Can't Leave
Oct 26, 2017
Indiana, USA
I live in Northwest Indiana.I am located on the border of Illinois and Indiana.Anyone that lives in Northwest Indiana,let me know.I may just go to Iwan ries events.I have been there a few times.I may also try the Chicago land pipe collectors club also. They both sound like options,if I can not find closer events. Thanks,leafsmoker.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
CPCC has been having what we are calling Social Smokes at various shops in the area. So far, we've gotten together at Arlington Pipe and Cigar, La Vita in St. Charles, and A Cuban Experience in Waukegan. There will be another at Iwan Ries on Saturday, Feb 9th from 1-5pm. Most of the informal social smokes are announced on the Chicagoland Pipe Collectors Club Community Page on Facebook. The social smokes at A Cuban Experience are every Wednesday night.

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
I work in (what the realtors would love it if I called it) the west loop, and with a day's notice could meet anyone at Iwan Ries Lounge after 6pm pretty much any weeknight.
PM me to set it up.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not really, but I did want to speak up because I grew up, until age about 19, in Chicagoland, the near-north suburb of Chicago, Park Ridge, within walking distance of the bus, transferring to the subway, or a few blocks from the (what used to be) Chicago and Northwestern Railroad for a 23 minute ride to downtown. Not far from the Park Ridge station was the Park Ridge Pipe Shop, for about twenty years, that became a hang-out for hippie kids, but after I left town. Still have family in the Chi area.

Status
Not open for further replies.