PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Hi everyone,
I have just been informed that the 2022 CPCC pipe show is on.
I have been asked to forward Craig Cobine‘s words about the show:
“We have Inflation, covid, war in Europe, Taiwan and China, food and gas prices, who cares? The world needs a pipe show.
We have a Pipe Show. It's on, it will be:
May 27th through May 29th. At the Marriott Lincolnshire In Lincolnshire IL. A registration link will be in a follow up email. Please WAIT for the link to register at the hotel.”
This is all the information I have been given. If it is not in this email, I unfortunately do not know the answer yet. Please be patient as I wait for more information. As soon as I know something, I will pass it along.
Thank you for all of your patience as the show board figured everything out. We look forward to an awesome show in May!
Amu Torres

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Nice, only a couple of miles from home. I assume there will be a smoking tent, otherwise no smoking ?
Yes, there will be a smoking tent. A little smaller than what we had at Pheasant Run, but still sizeable. Absolutely no smoking anywhere else in the hotel, and they actually mean it. Cleaning fees related to smoking in rooms are too high to consider as a sin tax.

Part of Pheasant Run's "charm" was that its rundown state left it desperate for business, so they were pretty tolerant of our smoking. Being at a nicer property means we'll need to be respectful of their rules.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I can't make the trip, but the show going on is a glimmer of hope. I'll watch the progress on this and hope for photos and pipe news from the show to take it in vicariously. It sounds like a pleasant venue with elbow room. I have some chattery advice on pipe show attendance, but I'll save that for further news on the show.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
It would be nice to go to a Chicago show but the original announcement was sketchy to say the least. ll it had was what Winston told us and that was next to nothing.
Questions:
1) Where the hell is Lincolnshire?? Looks way north of Chicago.
2) What's the best way to get??
3) What's the smoking Situation??
4) Will there be a smoking tent??
5) Room Rates?? Discounts??
6) Will there be a Friday sale for vendors??
7) Etc, etc, etc??

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
It would be nice to go to a Chicago show but the original announcement was sketchy to say the least. ll it had was what Winston told us and that was next to nothing.

Not detailed perhaps, but not in my opinion sketchy. Information provided combined with logical inference answers most of your questions.

Questions:
1) Where the hell is Lincolnshire?? Looks way north of Chicago.

If you're flying in rent a car, uber, or coordinate with another attendee. Lincolnshire’s essentially no further from O’Hare than St Charles.

If you’re driving in, what’s the problem? That’s what gps is for.

3) What's the smoking Situation??

The Club has said there will be a tent, smaller than the one at Pheasant Run, and that this will be the only place to smoke on campus.

5) Room Rates?? Discounts??

Since we’re being told to wait for a reservation link it’s reasonable to assume a Show rate has been negotiated. Attendees staying at the hotel, and booking the Show rate so the event gets credit, is central to the economics of the show.

6) Will there be a Friday sale for vendors??

I haven’t seen an explicit comment on this but since the room block runs from May 25-29 it’s reasonable to infer that the usual pre-Saturday events will be on the schedule.