PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
With great regret we announce the cancellation of the 2021 Chicago Pipe Show due to the Covid 19 restrictions now issued in place. On Friday March 19, 2021, the Illinois Governor issued a statement regarding the full opening of Illinois meeting places. The predicted timeline is such that we would not know if we could hold a show until some date in July. The financial commitments that the CPPC, show vendors and pipe collectors would have to make in the next few months is a risk that we cannot take. As if that were not enough to cancel the 2021 Show, on Sunday March 20, 2021, the Olympics cancelled all 600,000 tickets held by persons not living in Japan over concerns about foreign travel and restrictions. As an international show we cannot host a show without our worldwide vendors and pipe collectors. Therefore, we came to the conclusion that it was not feasible to hold our show in 2021.

Craig Cobine, Show Director, Show

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I am not sure if the event has to be done in Chicago. We had a cigar event years ago at the Don Ce Sar hotel on St Pete beach in Florida. They have all kinds of ways too make an event like the pipe show work just fine. Our cigar event went on without a hitch and I believe it was in 2001. Hanging in the pool with a cigar in one hand and a drink in the other was pretty cool.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
I am not sure if the event has to be done in Chicago. We had a cigar event years ago at the Don Ce Sar hotel on St Pete beach in Florida. They have all kinds of ways too make an event like the pipe show work just fine. Our cigar event went on without a hitch and I believe it was in 2001. Hanging in the pool with a cigar in one hand and a drink in the other was pretty cool.
Because???...Florida...???

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Is it possible that the groundwork done with the Itasca facility will carry over to July 2022? It's no small chore to find a place that is up to a pipe show, so if that much could be secured, it would save a lot of work getting started. At least the contacts have been made. We definitely have to get this damn virus in the rearview, even if the process is frustrating. It's the whole world, or the ugly thing will be jumping on us from remote regions of the world we haven't even thought about. Booster vaccine may be needed for variants, and blah-blah. It's a nasty thing with no politics, no passport, no motive other than making more virus until it can't.

Reactions: saltedplug and glub

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
Is the Columbus Show still on? I’m planning on making a jaunt out there if so. Anyone been there before? Just wondering how it is; if there’s tobacco to be had like the Chicago show? Chicago is my back yard, and they always had crazy amounts of vintage tobacco’s, it’s where I built up my pre 80’s Dunhill cellar, and where I picked up some great blends of times gone by.

Status
Not open for further replies.