PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Today, someone on a pipe forum mentioned that today would be the start of the Chicago Pipe Show, except for the virus. Thus, I decided to have create the Smoking Tent experience in my shop / smoking lounge.
Here are my tools. I opened my oldest tin, Cumberland from GL Pease. This was from 4/3/13. Guess what tobacco I will take to the first CPCC meeting, to share, after we can get together! I also took some Baklava tobacco. The olivewood pipe was purchased at the Friday smoke and swap. The other pipe is from JMG, a missionary on the other side of the world. The tamper is from Dead Guy Pipes.
Today, we have beautiful weather! Warm and Sunny. Definitely time to get out of the house. It is also fun to smoke indoors!
I really wish I could have invited y'all to join me, but two is OK, three would be crowded, and 300+ would not be possible.
Anyway, I hope y'all find time to enjoy a pipe today. Try to get a friend to join you. I look forward to meeting everyone in a year!
Winton

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
...today would be the start of the Chicago Pipe Show, except for the virus. Thus, I decided to have create the Smoking Tent experience in my shop / smoking lounge.
Here are my tools. I opened my oldest tin, Cumberland from GL Pease. This was from 4/3/13. Guess what tobacco I will take to the first CPCC meeting, to share, after we can get together! I also took some Baklava tobacco. The olivewood pipe was purchased at the Friday smoke and swap. The other pipe is from JMG, a missionary on the other side of the world. The tamper is from Dead Guy Pipes.

I like the way you think. :)

I started the "one man smoking tent experience" Thursday afternoon, since that's when my friends and I usually arrived, and have been dedicating every smoke since to the Lost Show of 2020.

Each pipe I choose has a Chicago memory of some sort.

FYI, JMG is officially back home from PNG for keeps. Arrived only a few days ago. Took a month of travel-related insanity to accomplish, but all is now well. I imagine his pipe output will become consistent once the shop gets set up.

neilnoff

Might Stick Around
Mar 18, 2020
Spring, TX
I've never attended the Chicago show, but it is definitely on my to-do list. Have been to a ton of cigar events, both large & small, but never a pipe-centric show. Hopefully in 2021?

Reactions: jguss

neilnoff

Might Stick Around
Mar 18, 2020
Spring, TX
Will try to make it. I have a daughter in IN and I think heading to the pipe show after a visit to her might make a great destination in our motorhome next spring!

Status
Not open for further replies.