PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
Looks like I will be spending the night in Chicago this Thursday, may have some spare time in the evening. Should be near Ohare airport. Any suggestions on tobacco shops near there?
There is no place near me that sells tinned tobacco, would love to pick some up.
Driving in from the south, so could stop on the way.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The only major pipe shop I know of in Chicago is Iwan Ries downtown at Wabash and Madison, right in the heart

of the city, not too far from the Art Institute. Historically, there used to be a great, small pipe shop just off

theExpressway not far from O'Hare in Park Ridge, the Park Ridge Pipe Shop, right on the town square, with the

city hall and across a park from the Community Church, but the pipe shop is long, long gone. You might find

something nearby, but it is most likely a chain. Good luck. If you find anything in the near O'Hare Airport area, I'd be

interested to know about it, since I get up there from time to time. Grew up near there.

cauffrey

Lurker
Jan 6, 2014
I don't know anyplace out in Rosemont, but Iwan Reis is in the Loop on South Wabash, right under the L tracks. You could take the Blue(?)Line into the loop & back. Takes awhile, but you can smoke in the lounge at Reis. $15 and BYOB, have dinner delivered in, etc.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
If you are driving in from the south, consider LaGrange Premium Tobacco. You can smoke there and they have a small selection of tins and a nice humidor.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
seagull:
I'm not familiar with any pipe shops that still survive in that part of Chicagoland. You might do a search to see if there's a Humidor shop nearby; as the name suggests, they're almost entirely devoted to cigars, but they do have a lounge you can smoke in. It's a regional chain, I believe, but I don't know if they extend to anywhere near O'Hare. There are two in the Downers Grove area, but that's not exactly "close" to O'Hare; maybe 40+ minutes away.
If you're planning to head into the city, though, you should stop by UpDown Cigar: http://www.updowncigar.com. Even though they have "cigar" in the name, they have a great pipe selection. And they're open till 11 on Thursday!
When you say you're "driving in from the south," what does that mean, exactly? Do you mean southern Illinois. . . or more like Midway Airport? (I'm asking because, depending on your answer, there might be a terrific store for me to suggest.)
Bob

cauffrey

Lurker
Jan 6, 2014
Hardwicke's on the circle in downtown Indianapolis, or in Broad Ripple Village. Nice pit stop half way to Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.