PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Pep

Lurker
Jun 7, 2021
Sarawak, Borneo
Good afternoon y'all.

I'm currently experimenting with pipe mud and had read that using cigar ash and wood ash works very well for pipe mud.

However, I am unable to get me hand on any wood ash due to how hot me place is, and unable to get meself down proper for cigar simply because I dont know if I am able to sit through a whole session, burning up a proper work of art without wasting them hardworks from some of the most talented folks in the world.

Cheroot are in essence different from cigar as they're baked or dry-cured. But as a whole tobacco leaf constructed stick,
are Cheroot ash good for Pipe Mud?

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
I haven’t tried cheroots myself. Unless you count backwoods cigars.

Cigars burn to a finer ash than pipe tobacco was always the reason I knew of. Even after you pick out all the dottle you it’s a lot less ash. I tried it, cigar ash was better. I have heard charcoal ash is also good, but I haven’t tried it. Mostly due to cooking meats on top of it may impart some flavor I would think.

Reactions: OzPiper

mikebjrtx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 14, 2012
Hurst TX
I don’t smoke many cigars lately but cigar ash works best for me. It dries harder and doesn’t soften up when it gets wet. I save my cigar ash in a mason jar for repairs.

Reactions: dcon and Pep