Chenet's Cake vs Kajun Kake. How Do They Compare?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
I am on the verge of my next order and have a spot left for either of those blends.

I had no luck finding direct comparisons of those two on internet, only some mentions of their similarity in Perique content.
What are major differences things between those two?

Reactions: Country Bladesmith

beezer

Jul 12, 2013
I am not a fan of Kajun Kake. I tried to muscle through a tin a few years ago and was spared the misery when it went moldy on me and I had to toss it. I suppose it could have been a bad tin from the get go considering the mold, but I never gave it a second chance.

Other's mileage is different obviously.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I am on the verge of my next order and have a spot left for either of those blends.

I had no luck finding direct comparisons of those two on internet, only some mentions of their similarity in Perique content.
What are major differences things between those two?
I have wondered about this, too. They both sound good. I’ll probably get a tin of each at some point.

jon11

Oct 25, 2013
Kajun Kake is one of my favorite sleeper blends. It is excellent with age! I’ve had both....I’d go with Kajun Kake

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I haven’t smoked either in a few months but have both jarred. Seems I liked both, but I also see I ordered 3 more Chenet’s Cake and didn’t order more Kajun Kake. I don’t think I didn’t like Kajun Kake though, I think it was just a bit stronger, and that it was more similar to other blends I already have open. Similar enough I didn’t think I needed more right away. But I think I liked it for sure. Chenet’s Cake seems like it was a bit different from others I have open, maybe a little richer if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.