PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Never had that issue. It does have a topping that if puffed too quickly can lead to bite like many aromatics.

1.Possibly packing it too tight?
2. Cadence could be to fast?
3. Drying it out is not necessary, but could help... although the flavor could be depressed in this particular blend by doing so.

Hope this helps!☕

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I have never had this problem with any other blend even OCT brands. My tongue doesn't get a bit it's just a film like burns that last a day or two
Maybe your body chemistry just doesn’t agree with this particular blend.

Although, not “chemical burn” Sleepy Hollow treated me with a mouth full of false burnt marshmallow. Others love it...it just wasn’t for me. ☕

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've heard no tongue bite complaints with the Midtown Series. I've not had tongue bite with burley much or at all. I have however had tongue bite and chemical burn with aromatic flavorings and moist aromatics especially. You might try drying the blend for a day or three in a container or bowl, smoking at a slower pace, or just shifting to non-aromatics to see if that is your sensitivity.

jeff540

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
I often have similar issues with many such blends - it's likely a combination of body chemistry, personal smoking habits, and the particulars of the blend.

For instance, I really like the flavor and aroma of Lane's HGL, but I cannot smoke it because of the awful burned film it leaves in my mouth.

Reactions: Simmerdown☕️

bmdfm

Lurker
Jan 13, 2013
Newport, New Hampshire
I just bought a 2 oz sample of Chatham Manor and just smoked my first bowl of it. I really like the flavor and probably prefer it over Carter Hall, although I do like that as well. I experienced the bite though which is rather unpleasant. I tend to get bit by most of these types of tobaccos unfortunately. SWR and Half and Half were just brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.