PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I saw this thread just as I was pulling out two tubs of CH and one tub of CM to input into the cellar software. I have never been bitten by either, but then I was an early victim of THE MacBaren BLOWTORCH effect while learning to smoke. That slowed my cadence RIGHT down. lol

f4phantomdriver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 23, 2019
I recently purchased some H H Chatham manor every time I have tried it I get a burn on the roof of my mouth
I thought I was the only one. I bought CM 3 years ago, had to purchase a whole tub because it didn't come in bulk back then. It burnt my mouth so bad. I tried sipping, drying out from an hour to 24 hours with the same results, Tzar explosions on my tongue. I ended up jarring it up in a few mason jars for 2 years and it was just as nasty as it was when I first got it. I ended up giving it away.

f4phantomdriver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 23, 2019
Burley is the most likely to burn your mouth.
Virginia torches my mouth. I'm a Burley smoker, Prince Albert, Lane Limited Ready Rubbed, SWR regular, they are my smokes. I never ever get burn from them, as soon as I smoke a "blend" with virginia my tongue is bacon.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I love Chatham Manor. It's similar to Carter Hall, but lacks the chemical aftertaste. I've never experienced any kind of discomfort from smoking it. Your experience might be a body chemistry thing or a combination of body chemistry and technique. Burleys don't cause me any problems, and neither do most Virginias. Years ago, bright Virginia would act like a blow torch, but it no longer does.. That may be due to a change in my chemistry, or a built up resistance to whatever was causing the "blow torch" effect, improved technique, or a combination of factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.