PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cucamonga95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2020
Northern VT
Greetings fellow pipers,

Been piping off and on for years, smoked some pretty shameful stuff out of some stumpy, burnt handmedown cobs previously owned by my Grandfather, who smokes whatever is cheapest at the gas station and has since he was 10 or 11. Saw an ad for the new at the time Savinelli Miele line in 2019 and fell in love. Ordered a 316 KS that day. I became obsessed, ordered a couple pounds of all kinds of bulk blends, didn't fall into the cheap aromatic trap though. From there, I realized I mostly love Virginia, Perique, Latakia, Orientals, and various cigar leaves. My favorite blend right now is C&D Bayou Night. That or Rajah's Court, which I add some C&D blending perique to, chopped up.

Beyond that, my passions are playing guitar, listening to music (mostly jazz, jazz fusion, instrumental stuff, blues), writing poetry/short stories, my dog (a blue heeler called Cucamonga) and cooking.

Just learned about the PMRS and have been listening obsessively for the past few days, figured I'd come sign up and realized I already did, last year!!! My newest pipe, a Sav. Arlecchino 111 KS in black, goes great with all the entertaining and educational talks we're blessed to have free access to. attached is a photo of it with all the new tobacco that came in the mail yesterday. Let me know your favorites!

Looking forward to learning from and chatting with y'all. Cheers/L'chaim!!
(Currently waiting on my username change approval to go through)

Attachments

• 20210206_155012.jpg
    20210206_155012.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210206_155400.jpg
    20210206_155400.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 14

smknron

Can't Leave
Sep 9, 2019
West Central Florida
Welcome from west central Florida, glad you joined us. I see you have some C&D tobacco, I was just smoking the Sansepolcro yesterday. Gaslight is another one I like, also Jack Knife plug. I do a little blending too, it's fun and interesting :sher:

Cucamonga95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2020
Northern VT
Welcome from west central Florida, glad you joined us. I see you have some C&D tobacco, I was just smoking the Sansepolcro yesterday. Gaslight is another one I like, also Jack Knife plug. I do a little blending too, it's fun and interesting :sher:
Sansepolcro surprised me. Deliciously spicy, well behaved too even packed too tight as I tend to do with dryer tobacco. My tin came with a slight puncture on the side of the tin around the lip. It was dented at the site of the puncture too, and it was wrapped in brown paper with other tins, no damage anywhere else in the whole shipment so I know it was put into the box like that. Was mildly ticked off about that but once i got it in a jar and had a bowl, that washed away.

Haven't had a Pease blend yet! I have Sparkplug and Cumberland in my wishlist but always seem to pass over them at checkout...

Reactions: smknron

Cucamonga95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2020
Northern VT
Welcome! I’m a couple of hours south of you in the mid-hudson valley. How far are you from Cup’o’Joes?
Cup o Joe's is about six miles from me, I used to pass it on my way to work in Lake George everyday. I interviewed at Queensbury Pipe and Cigar, the B&M that houses Cup o Joe's a few Summers ago. I was given an offer on the spot and a few hours later, the guy who hired me called me back and said the owner had already hired back a guy who had left a couple months prior.

I used to live in Hudson for a couple years, right before the massive gentrification. Only place I've ever been where on one street is full of rich folks from the City coming up to escape the hustle and bustle and one block parallel is extreme poverty. Well, besides Troy, NY. Actually a lot of places are like that. But I digress!! ?

Reactions: ofafeather

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central N.C. My great aunt was married to a writer who grew up in the Adirondacks but went west as a teenager when Montana was still a territory and lived with the Blackfoot, married and Blackfoot woman, and had a son. My aunt came later when he was a widower, but he published a lot of books about Native Americans. His name was James Willard Schultz.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Sansepolcro surprised me. Deliciously spicy, well behaved too even packed too tight as I tend to do with dryer tobacco. My tin came with a slight puncture on the side of the tin around the lip. It was dented at the site of the puncture too, and it was wrapped in brown paper with other tins, no damage anywhere else in the whole shipment so I know it was put into the box like that. Was mildly ticked off about that but once i got it in a jar and had a bowl, that washed away.

Haven't had a Pease blend yet! I have Sparkplug and Cumberland in my wishlist but always seem to pass over them at checkout...
get on the Pease blends. Only had two and they're both favorites. Key Largo and Cairo. Seriously great smokes. They're the only blends I save because I don't want them to be not special.

redz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2021
Gaithersburg, MD
Cup o Joe's is about six miles from me, I used to pass it on my way to work in Lake George everyday. I interviewed at Queensbury Pipe and Cigar, the B&M that houses Cup o Joe's a few Summers ago. I was given an offer on the spot and a few hours later, the guy who hired me called me back and said the owner had already hired back a guy who had left a couple months prior.

I used to live in Hudson for a couple years, right before the massive gentrification. Only place I've ever been where on one street is full of rich folks from the City coming up to escape the hustle and bustle and one block parallel is extreme poverty. Well, besides Troy, NY. Actually a lot of places are like that. But I digress!! ?
Welcome from Maryland! I ordered my first pipe from Cup o Joe's....

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet

Very cool. We’ve been to Queensbury Pipe and Cigar a few times over 20 years. A great shop. Yeah Hudson is a great example of income inequality. A cool town though.

Reactions: Cucamonga95
Status
Not open for further replies.