PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eriksmokes85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2015
So I was doing some work for a lady to have some money coming in while I find a real job, and I came across a couple unopened tins of tobacco that were her husbands. She decided that since I am a pipe fan that they would be better appreciated in my possession, so she just gave them to me! These are fine specimens IMO.

tWJl0br
mRtuNO0
c7CYcVX
NwSExJz
hk1NtVT
h4iMICT
9WqLVgJ

May 31, 2012
You can use the img button on top to insert,

but you have to use the direct link instead of the full page view.
The link you used was this: http://imgur.com/h4iMICT
But it needs to be this: http://i.imgur.com/h4iMICT.jpg
So, you can also add that little .jpg ending too.
I usually grab a notepad and copy/paste from my imgur galley then post here,

it works great.
I love imgur.
By the way...
Great score!
Congrats!
Jolly Smoggo!

:puffy:

May 31, 2012
Awesome!
It's cool to see Philip Morris back when they made pipe tobacco.
I think F&S may have been president Gerald Ford's favored smoke of choice.
But,

that Edgeworth is the top dog,

it is in much demand and fetches quite respectable prices on the market.

eriksmokes85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2015
Its really cool to me cause I have really only ever had OTC blends in the plastic pouch, and samples from fellow forum members. But holding these tins and seeing them makes me really want more haha. I've read a lot about the edgeworth on here.

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
I'm drooling over the Field and Stream. I know I'm in the minority, but I like it. I have a couple of House of Windsor tins left.Isn't it great when you come across stuff like this?

eriksmokes85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2015
It was cool to find them and even cooler when I heard "why don't you just keep them"! I have never had either of them!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Erik:
What an amazing gift.
Both tins are OTC - over the counter - burley forward smokes and the F&S might be a borderline aromatic.
The unopened tins will probably be more valuable to a collector, as is, so I wouldn't open them just yet unless you want to.
Check pricing on the Bay - America's best garage sale - and move forward cautiously.
Fnord

eriksmokes85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2015
Thanks fnord. I'm in a pickle on if i should in fact keep them or sell them. I could really use the money. But how often does one come across things like this, FOR FREE! I think if the right price was presented I would be able to do it. But the mystery of the contents is really exciting.. Man this is rough.

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
I hope some other projects come along to keep you supplied with income so you don't have to sell them off. That is such a great score

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I'd sell them if you're after money, you'll get good coin, then use said coin to buy more tobacco. Then I'd simply say it was great tobacco if the lady ever asks about it.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Very cool thanks for sharing. I agree with the other guys, unless you know that you love these or will love them. Either way very neat find.

Status
Not open for further replies.