PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up.
I placed an order from P&C this month and finally had a chance to sit down and look at my bank account on Saturday morning. So far I've had 3 shipment come in from my most recent order so my account was billed 3 times. Each time I was billed I did not receive any or the promotional discounts. (Dunhill 2+1 discount and also I was charged for the free Mcclelland frog Morton tin and no 15% of other tins) It ended up I had already been charged more that the sum of my order while still having $60 of stuff on back order. I contacted customer service and they got back a couple days later and they will refund money I was over charged. I just want to remind people who have ordered recently to check their bank accounts. If I was careless I would have lost a lot of money here.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks for the note. Even though it was likely an honest mistake, nothing irritates me more than when something is advertised as being on sale, and paying full price anyway.
A grocery store near me does this all the time, and after it happening numerous times, I am convinced they're doing it on purpose. Maybe it's just me, but over the years I've caught numerous establishments doing this and I'm getting tired of it.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
A grocery store near me does this all the time, and after it happening numerous times, I am convinced they're doing it on purpose. Maybe it's just me, but over the years I've caught numerous establishments doing this and I'm getting tired of it.

We had a local grocer that had a broom at almost every cash register. Something like 1 of 3 customers were charged for the broom. If they noticed the extra charge the cashier was supposed to play dumb that they thought the broom was theirs and they forgot it. I have no idea how much money people were duped out if by this practice. It didn't come to light until after the store closed and the owner died; the former employees didn't want to soul his good reputation while he was alive … :roll:

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
Thanks for the heads up. I'm glad to hear they got it straightened out for you as well. I do most of my ordering from P&C, but am holding on right now to give them a little more time to get back right after the move.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
this is why I always do paypal, one payment at the time of the order and you can verify the cost before you hit ok.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
We had a local grocer that had a broom at almost every cash register. Something like 1 of 3 customers were charged for the broom. If they noticed the extra charge the cashier was supposed to play dumb that they thought the broom was theirs and they forgot it. I have no idea how much money people were duped out if by this practice. It didn't come to light until after the store closed and the owner died; the former employees didn't want to soul his good reputation while he was alive …
Oh boy - that's a great (or should I say sad) story!
The place near (Shaws) me recently had a big sign saying 'Ocean Spray Juice On Sale'. In small type it mentioned it was for only one specific flavor - but the shelves behind the sign were filled almost entirely with the non-sale juices. Sneaky.

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
Yeah, I think Paypal might be the way to go for now while using P&C. it just isn't worth all the time i spent figuring this whole thing out. I had another order placed with them after the last one and before i noticed the billing problem. (i had huge Dunhill TAD). I just noticed I had 2 different charges on 6/01 for P&C but only received one package so I'm not quite sure why that happened. Ill be looking out for that one too. Its a bit of a nuisance dealing with the strange billing but damn how can anyone turn up that Dunhill special!

joemcdds

Lurker
Nov 28, 2011
MY LAST ORDER FROM P&C I PUT ON PAYPAL..OK. THE NXT DAY I GET AN EMAIL WITH A NO. TO CALL..THEY TOLD ME THEY HAD A PROBLEM WITH PAYPAL AND COULD I GIVE THEM A CREDIT CARD WHICH I DID..GOT MY ORDER IN FOUR DAYS..NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH PAYPAL BEFORE..

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Same here, recent order with no problems except that SG chocolate flake bulk showed as in stock when it wasn't. They gave me the same amount in tins after 2 weeks of waiting. They told me they were having problems getting bulk tobacco back in for some reason.

Jul 12, 2011
Yeah, with the change of hands in the business, they might also

be trying to migrate over their billing systems, not a fun task ,

bu there might be those type glitches , glad they took care of

it for you

Aug 14, 2012
The problem with Paypal is that they can't cheat you if you use it. I wouldn't pay them any other way. I never got two of the four orders I placed with them. Without Paypal I would still be waiting for the refunds. The broom story is meaningful with those folks.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Without Paypal I would still be waiting for the refunds.
Not really necessary since you can't see the future. They're good people and make every effort to make good on mistakes made.
Tell your true stories, but don't add hyperbole please.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
4noggins is always my choice. If they don't have something you are looking for just give them a call. They are more than willing to help out a customer to gain their business. That's another reason I like dealing with them so much. Rich is a standup guy and will provide great customer service. It's like dealing with a smal town 'mom and pop' style store. I think that's what make it so appealing to me. Easy to use, no BS and great service. Who could ask for more?

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
P&C has poor customer service so be careful. I called then and asked questions about a pipe. The person I spoke with took down my number and after waiting a few days for a return call which never came, I called them again. The representative I spoke to this time did not the answer to my questions but took down my name and number. After waiting for another week and not receiving a call back, I then contacted another vendor and bought my pipe from them. My order there was placed promptly after my questions were answered.
A shop should always return a customer's call related to their product. Since P&C is not interested in my business I was glad to allow a competitor of theirs to obtain it.

tgwilt

Lurker
Feb 11, 2012
I have ordered tobacco and pipes from P&C for at least 2 years and never had a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.