Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
Are there any pipes that offers a loose draw while costing around 50$? 70 at most.

Something with a Vulcanite stem preferably.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I achieve the result you are looking for by purchasing a decent basket pipe from my local B&M (Anthony's Cigar Emporium) and blasting the airway out to 5/32".

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
This look about right?

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/rossi/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=235451

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Duane, do you figure a Rossi would have a "loose" draw? I don't own any, but I have two Savs, and they don't have a particularly loose draw. Not particularly tight, mind you, but not loose, either.

kanse

Jul 9, 2016
I have a Rossi, Airway needs to be worked on, and I do not want to have to tinker.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Oh. You may be sunk, then. The only pipes I know of that come with a loose draw out of the box are cobs and artisan briars. Hopefully someone out there knows of a good-priced line with that feature.

kanse

Jul 9, 2016
I think Sebastian Beo is actually supposed to be wide airway-ed, fairly affordable, not within the price range I indicated, but still.
How are Ropp's airways?

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Never had a Ropp, sadly. I believe MSO has at least one, IIRC. Might want to shoot him a PM if no other Ropp owners speak up.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
@fitzy is he no longer carving?

beo-11-14-600x448.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Are there any pipes that offers a loose draw while costing around 50$? 70 at most.
No Vulcanite stem but what the hell! Buy some MM Cobs and leave the filter out...

kanse

Jul 9, 2016
weezell

I don't quite like corn cobs

jpmcwjr

I did not mean ultra-loose. I just enjoy smoking that way better.

alexnorth

Apr 7, 2015
My ropp has a draw comparable to the rest of my briars. Not loose and not tight.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I have a Lorenzo 'Standard' that's Italian made, and has an exquisite and open draw. I don't know much about the new stuff, but the prices are attractive and based on my experience with the one, might be worth investigating this line.
https://www.pipesandcigars.com/shop/staff-picks/1801115/

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I own two Rossi and one is a Vittoria, and it is quite open draw, a prince. My one Ropp is quite nice, but like some French pipes, the draw is somewhat restricted. The new Stanwell's made in Italy are quite open draw, though they have acrylic stems. Dr. Graybow Royaltons smoked without the filters are open, but also have acrylic stems. But I feel you can find something with both characteristics at your price, probably as an estate. For a little more, you can look at a Johs or Nording, at the low end of their pricing, which usually have both a Vulcanite stems and an open draw, and perhaps at your price as estate pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.