PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
I bought this pipe from amazon and although it was ok to smoke, it looked horrendously chap! Almost like it had some sort of plastic coating on it.
image_zps854c0b3e.jpg

So, being as I'm the new owner of a dremmel and I'm going to be using it on estate and hobby pipes, I thought I'd try t out on a pipe I don't mind using. Now it's not great looking but IMO its better than before and best of all its now a damn good 10min smoker! I mean that's the important part anyway, is it not?

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
oh it does, I use a dremel for alot of my work to though, and that takes some time and effort some time with the sanding bits. It looks good and that was more of an Impressed "Mein Got!" you were dedicated to eradicating that rustication :lol:

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
Thanks. Mien got? Is that German?

It's actually a cheaper version of the dremmel called siverline but I'm happy with it and so is my wallet lol it's a whole new experience for me. But as per normal I leaned some god lessons on that little pipe

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
Hi rothnh. I actually remembered you saying that a couple of weeks back which was part of my exploration. I wanted to see for myself what you were saying. Good advice mate! I have a couple there's that were cheap numbers that are gonna get the same treatment. The whole allowing the pipe to breath element is profound. Males perfect sense as essentially we make a little fire and fire needs oxygenate etc

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
This little cheap offender is next. Just as soon as I can start up my dremmel! It just gone midnight here don't think the neighbours would be happy. Mind you, I have sand paper!
20130112_002939_zpsddd0a4ea.jpg

joshwolftree

yeah Mien Got is a bastardized spelling of the german phrase "mein Gott" or "my God"

Have fun modding out your pipes just be carefull you get those walls to thin and your liable to get a burnt hand from a heated bowl

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
Cool thanks for the advice josh. Seems we both tinker about with pipes. I'll keep my eyes peeled to see if u post anything.

I'm probably gonna leave the Russification job on this and just sand the coating enough so it can breath

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
Hmm my first thought is maybe they're so stuck in their ways they can't see logic. Just a guess. It made perfect sense to me logically and 100% , in my mind, point proven when I lit her up. And I had a very thoughtful smoke too. I kept in mind while smoking it not to be bias because it was my work so to speak. It definitely smoked loads bette.
I'm with you mate lol

When I find one with a grain I fall in love with ill go eu natural!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Very cool Seamus! Another one hooked on restorations, prepare for hours of fun and zen.

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
Lol ghost! Six weeks ago I was online buying cigars and I had a inexplicable urge for pipe baki!

Now I already own 12 smokers, 2 cobs, 2 peterson's having a salt treatment as I type and at least 15 eBay bargain estates en route lol! I'm hooked mate

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
That's how it goes! You probably can't tell too much from my shop pictures, but I went crazy buying estates off eBay and in antique stores over the last few months just to work on them. I'm still hooked, but more relaxed about the whole thing now. Each one brings a new challenge, so much fun. I add tools as I need them.

joshwolftree

There's a lot of folks on here who tinker with their pipes, I just hope some day to be able to be knowledgable to carry on the fine tradition. though tomorrow evening will be my first smoke out of a clay/reed jobby I made myself..it's crayola nontoxic air dry clay so it should be interesting :roll:

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
What a cool comment, Ghost. "... but more relaxed about the whole thing now."
I feel the same way, but I certainly don't have the stones to take a Dremel to a pipe resto.

Status
Not open for further replies.