PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I live in a small town (population about 8000) and when a Dunkin Donuts opened here about a year ago, there was a line out the door. It was hilarious, like people here never seen a Dunkin Donuts. It is packed every morning...mostly old men sitting around with their buddies. They used to hang out at the McDonald's, now they moved to the classier DD.

A new DD place is opening up in town here, but I will drive the extra 15 minutes to go to the Krispy Kreme factory in the next town over. I don't care much for cake donuts. I want melt in my mouth donuts, that just turn to sweetness on my tongue. Plus, we can go 24 hours, and get them fresh off the assembly line, still warm from the machines... while we watch them roll down the line.
Krispy GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
A new DD place is opening up in town here, but I will drive the extra 15 minutes to go to the Krispy Kreme factory in the next town over. I don't care much for cake donuts. I want melt in my mouth donuts, that just turn to sweetness on my tongue. Plus, we can go 24 hours, and get them fresh off the assembly line, still warm from the machines... while we watch them roll down the line.
Krispy GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER
A fresh KK is a gift from god. I am powerless against them.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I live in a small town (population about 8000) and when a Dunkin Donuts opened here about a year ago, there was a line out the door. It was hilarious, like people here never seen a Dunkin Donuts. It is packed every morning...mostly old men sitting around with their buddies. They used to hang out at the McDonald's, now they moved to the classier DD.
About 15 or so years ago, Krispy Kreme opened up operations in Ontario. They were EVERYWHERE. You couldn't swing a piece of bacon for hitting Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Kids would sell them for fundraising, stores would have liked of them.

One location had perpetual lineups.

Then, they just left.

The one location is still open, but the hype has died off.

Reactions: Casual

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Winston-Salem, North Carolina is the home of Krispy Kreme doughnuts. The original store was located in what is now historic Old Salem and the national headquarters are still here.

Around here, no matter the occasion, be it weddings or funerals, and everything in between; a box or two of KK’s will be laid out with the spread.

Beware the siren song of that friggin neon red, Hot Now sign. Once you’re lured in and have a bite of a “fresh off the roller line” KK, you‘ll have a hard time eating them any other way.
It’s a spiritual experience.?

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Used to take off to my high school at 5 am. Had to take an hour long subway ride. When I walk down to subway station, there was a donut shop. At that hour, it was always packed with New York's finest in every stool taking their donut and coffee. You would think they never saw donuts before x)

Reactions: scloyd