PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
So I put the 19 A Turrent San Andres maduros in tuppador with a boveida pack and I got to wondering...do cheap cigars benefit from Humidors or is it a pointless exercise?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not up on my cigars, but from the past, I'd say that any cigar would benefit from a humidor if it has freshness to begin with. The humidor won't improve it, but it will keep it reasonably fresh longer.

deadidunn

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2020
Hineston, LA
I use 3 acrylic jars (from Amazon) and some Boveda-72 packs. The two humidors i had were cheap and all the curing and maintenance didn't help them hold moisture longer than 3 weeks. The lack of quality cost me dearly on some good quality cigars. I've always had to fight them. Finally tossed them out and went to the acrylic jars for ease of use. 8 months since I bought the 1st one, same Boveda pouch is still mushy and good; cigars are still at the correct moisture with no cracks or crumbly peices. Hopefully one day, I'll get myself a high quality humidor and an efficient humidity system.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
I've been using a tuppador for a couple of years and it works great for me. I also only keep around 75 cigars at a time. I've no plan to horde cigars like I do pipe tobacco.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Status
Not open for further replies.