PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramblin R

Lurker
Mar 3, 2021
I am new to smoking pipes. My name is Rich, from Normal,il. I am trying to get a question to G L Pease. I have a Charing Cross Canadian pipe. It also says London Specials. Was this pipe made for the release of your Charing Cross Tobacco? Or was this something to do with the old tobacco shop on Charing Cross St. in London? G. Smith & Sons was the stores name. I need a new Bit (stem 1/4" tenon (6mm) 2 1/2" long.

Ramblin R

Lurker
Mar 3, 2021
Hi to everyone. Again, my name is Rich. I quit Cigarettes on NEW YEARS DAY! Started smoking a pipe almost immediately I have and like, G L Pease Charing Cross, Petersens My Mixture 965.iwan Ries 3 Star Blue, Dr Bradley, Sutliff Balkan II, This internet communication is new to me. Hope I do not misbeha.ve! Email is what I have been using the last 30 years.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Hi to everyone. Again, my name is Rich. I quit Cigarettes on NEW YEARS DAY! Started smoking a pipe almost immediately I have and like, G L Pease Charing Cross, Petersens My Mixture 965.iwan Ries 3 Star Blue, Dr Bradley, Sutliff Balkan II, This internet communication is new to me. Hope I do not misbeha.ve! Email is what I have been using the last 30 years.
Welcome and no worries. We’ll figure it all out together. Peruse the site and read the rules. Post your pipe question in the “pipes discussion” forum. If you post pictures you get more responses and we can better help you figure out about the pipe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey from North Carolina. Your stem can be replaced at moderate cost by a pipe repair person, as a replacement or to your different specifications. I don't know the information on your pipe, but I suspect a Forums member will, or will have a good reference to track it down. A replacement stem has to be cut and fitted to your specific pipe; they aren't like car parts that are made to spec as replacements. You'll have to send your pipe to the repair person.

Reactions: Toast

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Hi Rich, welcome to the forum and congratulations on quitting cigarettes! According to Who Made That Pipe Charing Cross is a Comoy's second. From what I can tell it was produced for about forty years, from the mid-1920s through the mid-1960s.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Hi Rich, welcome to the forum and congratulations on quitting cigarettes! According to Who Made That Pipe Charing Cross is a Comoy's second. From what I can tell it was produced for about forty years, from the mid-1920s through the mid-1960s.
The wealth of knowledge and expertise here is just incredible. As always, thank you for your help!!!!!

Hopefully that information helps the OP.

Ramblin R

Lurker
Mar 3, 2021
Hello to my new friends. Thanks to the quick response to my post Re: Charing Cross. If a Comoys second is a pipe with a flaw,I do not see it. This looks in excellant shape. I have a lot to learn about this new hobby. New words and term. I snapped the Tenon when trying to seperate the stem or bit loose. It is possibly not the original bit. I really love the different designs and the exotic burl of the briar. Love shopping on ebay for a steal. Talk to you again soon!

Reactions: ofafeather
Status
Not open for further replies.