PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Kevin was kind enough to change the title for the section containing Ken Barnes' posts in include the topics, Charatan and Upshall. I hope that this will increase people's use of the section. For those who are not familiar with Ken's career, he trained at Charatan where his father was the general manager and had an unparallelled knowledge of the brand, gleaned from personal experience.
Ken went on to co-found James Upshall with Barry Jones, Charatan's chief carver. A lot of tips for dating, names of the carvers who designed some of Charatan's signature shapes, and information on their working methods are contained in the material.

Many thanks to Kevin for making this material available to fans of the brands.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Kevin was kind enough to change the title for the section containing Ken Barnes' posts in include the topics, Charatan and Upshall. I hope that this will increase people's use of the section. For those who are not familiar with Ken's career, he trained at Charatan where his father was the general manager and had an unparallelled knowledge of the brand, gleaned from personal experience.
Ken went on to co-found James Upshall with Barry Jones, Charatan's chief carver. A lot of tips for dating, names of the carvers who designed some of Charatan's signature shapes, and information on their working methods are contained in the material.

Many thanks to Kevin for making this material available to fans of the brands.
Can you (or someone else) please provide a link for convenience (for those that haven't read the section yet)?

I would but my link skills are bad on a cell phone.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Good call Jesse. I looked at that the other day and thought "I wonder how many members wonder who Ken Barnes is?". But, it didn't dawn on me to refresh the title.