PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I am a sucker for an interesting stem. There one is for sale locally and I'm intrigued by the stem on it. I've heard little bits and pieces of info about Chacom, a French manufacturer, but the threads I've found are a little dated. Can anyone tell me if they are of decent quality?
Thanks guys!
It isn't this one exactly, but the same shape and look:
19018cf2d414b26f81081a15ce830c3f--champagne-estate-pipes.jpg

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
You an I both Mike! I love interesting stems. I was just browsing SP's sale inventory and saw an estate pipe with, as best as I can describe, a honey bee striped stem. Interesting stems catch my eye pretty fast.
That's a beauty!

mitch11

Lurker
Nov 18, 2018
I own a Chacom “Elephant” straight billiard. It took a while to break in but might be the best smoker i have now. I would definitely get another.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My only problem with a Chacom was with a pipe with a very slim curved stem that had a thing with pipe cleaner fluff and was too slender to be drilled out. All my others, several, including my first pipe, a Tinder Box St. Ives (I think) from Chacom, and others are great. I have one they did for Ivan Ries, not a house pipe but only sold to them, is a green stain straight billiard. Fine pipes, I can recommend.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
That's a nice looking pipe Mike. I purchased a red Chacom Reybert 81 from Tobaccopipes.com a couple months ago. It's a very reasonable small pipe. I like it a lot. I only smoke Christmas blends in it. I will definitely purchase another Chacom in the future.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thanks for all the responses guys. I'm on the fence about the pine cone rustication on it, but the stem looks interesting.
The seller has about 100 or so pipes for sale, and there are some nice shapes in there. However 100 pipes is a little much for me. The Chacom stands out to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.