PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

mikecronis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2021
1653268289578.png

Well this is a surprise! Rather inexpensive bid at CigarBid website, I got this pack pretty quickly. Strong scent of thick chocolate smells almost cheap and I was hesitant so I stuffed it in my pipe tobacco fridge/humidor by New Air and let it set for a few months.

Stuffing into my chocolate-only Savinelli Blue Alligator pipe the mixture felt a tad over-moist but shrugged it off and went to town.

This is an aromatic fan's delight and tastes nothing like tobacco whatsoever. This tastes like a large tablespoon of Nestle's Chocolate Quick powder for every puff. Smokes cool, surprisingly, and flavor tends to taste a bit like burnt chocolate towards the end. Some of that vanilla-esque creamy black Cavendish even it out in the background. Chocolate wafts slightly ghost the pipe and your fingers, but taste genuine and not chemically so.

Stays relatively lit enough if you babysit it. Chalky cocoa flavor is relentless and up-front such that there is no room for anything else. This is not unpleasant, however. Is it balanced? No. It's chocolate powder taste for days in a fairly good and expected way.

This could be one of the best chocolate tobaccos I've had, being an aromatic fan, and I put it along with Sutliff's Chocolate Supreme and Hot Chocolate, and Boswell's Chocolate Creme. I don't know how this cheaply priced concoction doesn't get more praise. Perhaps because the vanilla version of this is so bland? This one clangs all the aromatic bells. Smooth and mellow and doesn't bite back, and very flavorful.

This would be a great first tobacco for a newcomer.

Recommended.

CallMeSangy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2022
Central Virginia
i got one of these from a cest la vie sampler from p&c a while back. i see you thought the same about the strong scent too. came off as a alcoholy kind of chocolate to me, akin to icebox's mudslide. i let mine air out for a bit to dicipate the smell, but you're right on it being pretty good.

i think you've taken to it better than myself though, but it spurred me to try out a few other chocolate blends and nothing seems to be better for chocolate that i've tried yet. tried c&d dark chocolate, sutliff chocolate mousse (havn't tried choco supreme or the others you've listed yet) and they fell flat in comparison. i was impressed by this and the caramel flavor, and i will also agree with you on how the vanilla was very bland.

BriarBrook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2022
Missouri
Yeah, this is definitely my go to chocolate. pouch note, room note, and taste are all 4 out of 4, IMO.

f4phantomdriver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 23, 2019
I actually mix the French Vanilla with this 50/50 and all I can say is wow! Next I'm thinking about putting a pinch of HH Old Dark Fired in the mix for a little nicotine punch.