Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

catyrpelius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 9, 2014
New Jersey
I've recently taken a liking to this tobacco, I feel it has a rich depth that a lot of my other go to blends are lacking.
I'd like to start cellaring this blend, not so much to see how it changes with age but to keep me going once it's no longer available. I'm not really sure how to store it... Part of my thinks that since its so dry I can just leave it in the original package, but I'm not sure this is viable long term. Mason Jars don't seem like the optimal choice either as once this stuff is removed from its package it takes up a lot of room.
Does anyone have any better suggestions?

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Mason jars are the best way to store tobacco for the long haul. I'd especially suggest it with Semois because it's already quite dry. It could easily dry beyond being smokeable if not stored in a mason jar.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I left mine in the package but put it in a big jar (wide enough to get in the package). The package is foil-paper and seems innocuous, and it is neatly packed in there, so I thought this was a good method. It's a part of my rotation, so I'm gradually using it up, not aging it, but I think this would work for aging too. I think it may be fairly prime out of the package and not need much aging, but others may find I'm wrong.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I wouldn't worry about it not being available as it just came over here last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.