PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

02Knight

Can't Leave
Aug 24, 2020
Rockett, Texas. South of DFW Metroplex
I got my pound of Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired in several days ago.I finally got the chance to cellar it. I just left the strips long and sort of put them in the jars. I was going to cut them but it was breaking them apart to much. I did take some and put them in an old tin I had for smoking. Now I'm just going to let this tobacco age, see what a difference it makesDSC03848.JPGDSC03850.JPG

Swampy16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2020
I’ve smoked a few tons of this and really enjoyed it. How long would you leave it in the jars?

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
A 1 pound box Mac Baren flake is a beautiful sight to behold. Especially Old Dark Fired. It's among my favorite smokes, though I tend to prefer the ready rubbed version. I like it fresh and have smoked it around 4 years old. Honestly, I cant tell the difference between the fresh and the slightly aged.

Has anyone here smoked it with more age that can provide a comment on changes after years in a jar? I'd like to know how it changes, or if it changes, with age.

Reactions: 02Knight

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I have been slowly smoking through a pound I purchased 7 years ago and I think it has smoothed out considerably.

ODF makes my Top 10 list for sure. Good stuff.

Reactions: 02Knight