Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
I ordered up a couple of ounces of a few bulk Virginia blends to try. I’ve got quite a bit in the queue ahead of them for now, so the plan was to jar them up and forget about them for a while. However, a few of them seemed a tad dry. Probably perfect moisture for smoking now, but what about jarring them? Will the mythical, magical, ever-sought-for Virginia aging process occur if the baccy is a tad dry? Or should I try to rehydrate a bit?

Reactions: jpmcwjr

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I ordered up a couple of ounces of a few bulk Virginia blends to try. I’ve got quite a bit in the queue ahead of them for now, so the plan was to jar them up and forget about them for a while. However, a few of them seemed a tad dry. Probably perfect moisture for smoking now, but what about jarring them? Will the mythical, magical, ever-sought-for Virginia aging process occur if the baccy is a tad dry? Or should I try to rehydrate a bit?
from my experience. Yes. I dry it to where I want if before jarring and it certainly starts aging at least the VA I have had jarred up at the level of dry I like. That level would be best described as just this side of dust.

Reactions: AcesAndEights
Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
from my experience. Yes. I dry it to where I want if before jarring and it certainly starts aging at least the VA I have had jarred up at the level of dry I like. That level would be best described as just this side of dust.
Ha! Sounds good. This stuff has a bit more moisture than that, so that answers that. Thanks!

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I don’t know if you have ever had daughters & Ryan as a comparison, but I jar that right as it is. But I also don’t specifically look to age anything, I just want plenty of what I like.

I would reckon, hydrating bulk to age will elevate your mold risk.