PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
I have enjoyed CB White, the taste and "easy smokingness" of it are very appealing. Also I have found that it is very easy to come by. However I have been put off by the "chemicallyness" of it. I am in search of a similar experience - pleasing room note (so I can smoke in company without taking abuse!!!) light creamy taste, a little sweetness, but without the "chemically" experience. Anyone have any suggestions? Mclelland's “best of show” has been quite good, but not quite the same, any other ideas?

oldjazzlover

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2011
Tinder Box Honey maple taste like it's named and my cuz. and some freinds are always harrasing me to light it up when I'm around them. Seems as though it's their favorite of my smokes. I even had a old man get upset with me for making his wife hard headed and not want to get in the car, because she wanted to smell me. :rofl: I was waiting on my mother to finish getting her nails done.

bowhatchie

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 27, 2010
1Q and Savannah come to mind... I used to smoke CBW.. and these two have replaced it in regards to my smoking likes.....

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
I just bought some CB GOLD today. have u tried that, it is less chemical then the others. But I agree with Lane 1Q. you will love that if you like CB.

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Greetings,
Try a 50/50 mix of Lane RLP-6 and Lane BCA. It's a dead ringer for Captain Black White. All are made by Lane, so the flavor is the same. Lane bulks have less PG and use higher grade leaf.
Tinder Box's Chartwell is RLP-6 and Midnight is BCA, just for reference. Wilshire is 1-Q.
CACooper

forsooth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
Thanks, krgulick -- I checked on Savannah and it is $3.50 per oz., or $52.50/lb. Ouch! Wallet bite. I'm sure it is good, though!

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
Cheers for the replies gents, will try some of the suggestions and let you know how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.