Hey guys wondering if anyone can help

I’m looking to purchase this pipe but can’t find it anywhere

Any ideas ?

Ever since I’ve seen it...well what can I say...I’m in love
49efcdbe-ef42-4fdc-adf2-d7e89e299f29-600x560.jpg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
BriarBlues and smokingpipes both have a lot of Castellos. Also get a Castello shape chart to run down this pipe. Once you have a shape number, google searches.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Aro222, that is a Castello shape 11, Brandy Brucianaso, nose warmer. They are kinda rare, but by no means impossible to find. Google it and you will lots on the shape, it is close to 10 nosewarmer. I have two and love both.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
FYI, the shape 11 is not “just” a bent apple. It’s a nose warmer, shorty. It’s close cousin, and one that is a GREAT starter Castello is here in shape 10. https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/castello/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=241378
One of the reasons you don’t see any shape 11s easily identified online is ... well ... because they are terrible horrible disgusting shape to collect. Don’t waste your time. Just let me know if you see any.

Oct 7, 2016
Look at this link
They have more 10,11 and 55's in stock at all times than anybody. Their shop stamp for Castellos is s55, which should tell you something.
That, by the way, is a particularly nice 11. There are a lot of small variations on the shape, some I like, some I don't.
If you don't see one you like as much, send them the picture. I bet they can find one.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
^^^What they said^^^ and also pipes2smoke.com, among the other retailers you are already familiar with. Also, good old fashion pipe shows with real collectors and tables and conversations, that is where you find the rare gems. It's a journey not a race.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
Send MIchael at Briar Blues an email. He can order the exact one for you. His service is second to none.

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
aro222 - right now on the Castello dealers page / inventory available, there is no shape 11's in the Trade Mark grade, visible. There is a nice Castello " Castello" cross grain in a lighter finish, and a couple of flame grain Collection grades available. If I recall correctly, there is also a Colection Fiammata available, but that I would need to confirm.
If you have a dealer that you prefer to deal with, I strongly suggest you contact them. Why? The Chicago Show is in 3 weeks and Castello will have 2 or 3 tables chalked full of fantastic Castello's. Your dealer of choice should be able to secure just the right pipe for you, at the show.
If you use an iPhone feel free to contact me. Phone number is on the Briar Blues site. At the Chicago Show I'd be happy to Facetime directly with you, while at the Castello tables, so you can see the pipes and possibly find just the right one, for you.
Regards

Michael J. Glukler

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Try the Italian shops. Novelli.it, Noli Tabacchi, Floppypipe.it, Finestlighters.com, Corti Leccho, along with The Danish Pipe Shop and Estatepipes.uk.

skaukatt

Can't Leave
Love the shape! I had the great opportunity to select the perfect one to fit both my budget and aesthetic last year at the Chicago Show from Marco Paracenzo, the US distributor.
He had about 8 or more in various grades. I was able to put all of them side by side, in a row, and as it turns out, while there was a better graded piece than the one I chose, being able to see them all side by side, in row, gave me the opportunity to appreciate just how much a hand made item these are as the shapes, while all 11's, varied a bit in the "cut" of the bend and so, the one I chose had just a gorgeous bend that the others did not have. It was such an elegantly finished piece and while I liked the grain on the other pipe, based on the "cut" of this particular piece, I selected it over all the others.
You can find one, just keep searching. I'd contact Marco.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The 11 is indeed an intriguing shape, but I've never seen one in person. The weight has always put me off a bit from pulling the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.