SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Saw this on eBay from one of my favorite trusted Sellers and I simply could not resist. Call me crazy.....
This is a Limited Edition with only 70 made. It was made for the Italy Market and created as a dedication to the men and women of Italy on the front lines helping to save lives from Covid. The Pipe is called "Virus" and they came in almost every finish and grade that Castello offers and are adorned with not only a thick Sterling Silver band but also two 18KT solid gold models of the Covid virus. This is one is a Sea Rock. It's unsmoked and comes with all the papers as well as a Castello tamper. I thought I would share.

Castello Virus 1.jpeg
castello virus 2.jpeg

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Love castellos, love shorter billiards. Beautiful pipe...a little strange, but still beautiful. Sort of in the same vein as Peterson's Titanic series (which i liked as a Titanic buff) and Marty pulver's human tragedy series (which I think was developed as a tongue in cheek shot at the Titanic series). Still, i hope Castello opened up the purse strings on this and donated the profits to the folks on the front lines.

I’ve been eyeing a few of these but I just can’t seem to pay tribute to the virus. I got the Milano one a few years back to pay tribute to food/family.

maybe if I beat it, or lost someone to it I’d get one.
With the exception of one I see still in the retail sector in Europe, I think you would be looking into the secondary market for one anyway so, probably just as well.

I lost 6 employees to the virus. It certainly has been devastating to some...

Reactions: bayareabriar
That’s what I thought when I saw them come out. It’s not a sculpture of heroism in the face of the virus, instead a representation of the virus itself. Sort of a Georgia Guidestones rule #1 vibe to it.
Interesting point. I am only 61 (yesterday was my birthday) and this is certainly the most significant thing to happen in my lifetime.

I appreciate the tribute and think it's a fitting reminder for me that I am CLEARLY NOT IN CONTROL of how long I live or when I die.

Apologies for the sobriety.. puffy

Reactions: Casual