PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Too close to the nose for my............But they are very pretty and easy to carry........But it's not a bad choice.........You have to try.....

Reactions: Pallidan

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
I have 10 of them. They are great pipes. They are short pipes not small pipes. I do not experience smoke in the eyes/face. Try one, you might find that you love them aesthetically and, after all, they are a Castello product so you are virtually guaranteed of a great smoker. However, if you are nervous about the size buy the similar model by Radice. For less than $200 you can buy a Rind in the same style to see if the size is right for you. Plus, Radice's stem work, especially in their E series (a bit more than 200) is much more tapered than Castello.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I have a couple of short pipes. I don't like the looks but they have smoked fine without any smoke in the eyes issues. But I also smoke almost exclusively indoors.

Reactions: JOHN72

ChuckMijo

Sep 26, 2020
I’m a fan of short pots. Really any where from 4.5 to 5.5 inches is my sweet spot. Some folks like them some don’t. On a short pipe especially the stem and button had better be to your liking. If that makes sense. A tapered stem and small button for me. Vulcanite is absolutely a must for me. Hate acrylic

Reactions: JOHN72

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I too have been on the fence, but after finding the sweet little Dunnie 305, the shape 10 Castello started to grow on me...found a natural Virgin...and it's now on the way!

Merton

Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
nice choice. I have a Dunhill 305 and it is a cool pipe . The 10 will be much more muscular. It will, based upon my experience, smoke better.although, I do like the little Dunhill too.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Thanks, I am pretty excited. I really enjoyed the article and pictures from Greg Pease as well, when I was researching the shape. Not a huge fan of acrylic stems and a bit heavier than my usual clencher, but we all evolve!?

Always looking for some older 305's, especially a blasted one, as it's just a cool little smoker. They are quite rare to find!!

We'll see, I will post once it arrives. Its also new, so that's a bit but if a first as I am usually looking for deals as some of these wooden pieces of art can get pricy.