PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
Over the last month I have had the pleasure of doing some business with Briar Blues -- and this Castello Aristocratia Great Line Dublin is likely the finest all-round pipe I have now in my stable. The dublin shape, the bowl's fumed outer walls, the bowl's wall thickness and diameter, the pipe length, the slight bend, etc. are things that click with my taste. Even the dark purple-blackness of the stem. This pipe ticks off all the boxes for what I love in a pipe. So easy to load, clench and clean. It is such a delightfully dry, cool smoker. Here's some pictures of it from Michael's site. Here is the direct link if you are interested in its more detailed specifications.
cast0303a.jpg

cast0303b.jpg

cast0303c.jpg

cast0303d.jpg

cast0303e.jpg

cast0303f.jpg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Just beautiful. I love their fumed pipes. But the price is an eternity beyond my budget. Still, like you, I find it a beauty in all respects, capacity, weight, grain, elegant stem. In another life:-(.
Smoke the hell out of it! I certainly would. Maybe have the undertaker plant it in your mug for the wake and retrieve it for that up and coming pipe smoking nephew.

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
Thomas, it was great having you stop by for a chat and selecting the Castello, that I most wanted to keep for myself. :)
salteplug, the SRP on the pipe is up there. However ... those on my email update list are offered some very special prices prior to our latest update going public. The goal for me is to put excellent pipes into the hands of awesome people.
Regards

Michael J. Glukler

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Mike, no worries about price. But even with a large discount, it's outta' my league, as are most fine pipes on many other sites. Hope you sell a lot of pipes today!

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
Thanks. Honestly, it is also way beyond my threshold for pain, but sometimes a pipe just screams ...... take me ... Luckily for me Thomas was willing to spare me the torture.
Now that Aritocratica 55 ...... is also whispering at me .... I hate pipes that whisper sweet nothings ...... like mermaids .... just waiting to pull you under ..... ;)
Regards

Michael J. Glukler

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thomas, awesome looking Dublin. You have an eye for some pretty cool looking pipes. I am glad to hear you love how it smokes. Congrats on another fine addition to your collection.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
That is without a doubt not only the nicest looking fumed pipe I’ve ever seen and it knocks my socks off it’s a Dublin, sorry I didn’t see it first, enjoy it.

banjo

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
A beautiful pipe indeed. Enjoy it Thomas! Some day I hope to join the Castello brotherhood.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Yep, that's good looking for sure. I really like that one. Enjoy it.

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
Good Day All
It was great having Thomas stop by to visit and pick up his new Castello. For anyone interested in seeing Thomas and his reaction to the new Castello .....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbr-bBmcoA8
Enjoy
Regards

Michael J. Glukler

Status
Not open for further replies.