PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

fishmansf

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2022
PNW
Well, this one seemed to somewhat open my taste back up, must have needed to switch up my routine. This is a wonderful blend, truly an all day smoke. Its a plug tobacco which typically isn't a favorite of mine but it cuts nicely into flakes or chunks. It is a very moist blend and needs a lot of dry time in my opinion. I rubbed mine out and still had wet ribbons after four hours of drying. However, when dry enough to smoke, its truly a flavorful blend. Description says its burley and sweet Va but I detect a little bit of Kentucky on the top light at least. There is a citrusy topping that is very passive, honestly, if you didn't know there was a topping, you would have thought it was the natural sweetness and citrus from the Va. Its a little difficult to keep lit and even tougher to keep going after the first third of the bowl but, provides a pretty good smoke throughout. A little tongue bite here and there if you get frustrated trying to keep it lit like myself but if you're patient, its not really a biting blend. Flavor is pretty full through the bowl, first 1/3 you get a lot of the natural sweetness and citrus from the Va and topping, 2/3 of the bowl you get the nutties from the burly and some more lemony notes either from the Va or topping but very very subtle, a very nice touch in my opinion. last 1/3 of the bowl, some of the harsher notes come out but still a nice smoke. I'd highly recommend it as a fantastic summer smoke especially if you're an outdoorsman like myself. Sitting around a mellow campfire as the sun sets beneath pine trees or throwing your line in on a lake with a mild summer breeze is a perfect setting for this blend. The name actually captures it really well.

fishmansf

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2022
PNW
I also want to add as I am about halfway through a bowl, I detect some Black Cavendish which is weird as I do not see any in the blend. However, unlike most aromatics, its is very mild and pleasant and that is coming from someone who hates Black Cavendish

Reactions: RookieGuy80