PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff 11B

Lurker
May 1, 2021
Guy's, I don't know what's going on. I've heard that Carter Hall was discontinued for awhile now, and it's been sold out online. As I stated in another post, I was able to grab a tub of CH and a tub of PA last week on the way to N Myrtle Beach. They only had one of each in stock. On a whim, I just called the Smoker Friendly where I bought the tubs last week just to see if anything could have shown up. The lady said she just got 3 tubs of CH in this morning. I asked her to hold on to it until I get off work and she said she would. I don't really need 4 tubs (one last week and three today) of CH at once but since it's my favorite tobacco, I'm afraid I won't be able to get it in the future. Then again, if it's going to be available in the future, I feel bad about hoarding it when others may want some too. My question is....If it's been discontinued why do they keep getting weekly shipments?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It sounds like you are stocked up for now. A backup blend is from Sutliff and PC, Chatham Manor, not a clone but quite good. Some like it better. I don't know what's going on with these OTC classic blends. The supply is spotty, but no word is put out on why. Since Forums has long lines of information throughout its membership, this illustrates how hush-hush the situation is.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
My guess, and that’s all it is, is that the “match” versions are an improvement, in general, and smokers are discovering this. The old OTC tubs are getting rare and way over priced, in my opinion. You can buy an ounce of ”match” to try them at very little cost.

Razorback

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2019
Atlanta, GA
It’s in stock at Milan, along with PA, if anyone is looking.

But then again, Milan is the seller that erroneously told everyone it was being discontinued several months ago, (allegedly) in order to help sell their own match blends, which helped triggered this whole thing...

Reactions: rushx9
C

carolinasmokes

While I was out and about today I stopped by my local smoke shop to pick up a roll of Copenhagen pouches while there I noticed they were out of Carter Hall and Prince Albert, they usually keep 3 tubs of each in the case. Because inquiring minds want to know I asked when she expected it to be back in stock, she said her distributor told her it is being discontinued, so I asked who is your distributor, she said JR Cigars. Duh, we all know they are out of stock online and I haven't been to Burlington to check stock in the store. Perhaps there is some truth to the rumors. Luckily I still have an online source for the time being and four tubs in the cellar. Any new news?

Reactions: rushx9

DunhillPiper

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2019
USA
Guy's, I don't know what's going on. I've heard that Carter Hall was discontinued for awhile now, and it's been sold out online. As I stated in another post, I was able to grab a tub of CH and a tub of PA last week on the way to N Myrtle Beach. They only had one of each in stock. On a whim, I just called the Smoker Friendly where I bought the tubs last week just to see if anything could have shown up. The lady said she just got 3 tubs of CH in this morning. I asked her to hold on to it until I get off work and she said she would. I don't really need 4 tubs (one last week and three today) of CH at once but since it's my favorite tobacco, I'm afraid I won't be able to get it in the future. Then again, if it's going to be available in the future, I feel bad about hoarding it when others may want some too. My question is....If it's been discontinued why do they keep getting weekly shipments?
I don’t believe this was discontinued but was reported it was by mistake. Some online vendors got new shipment this week. I was able to order 2 tubs of Carter Hall and 1 tub of Prince Albert. Hopefully we’ll start seeing regular stock levels going forward.

Reactions: rushx9 and Jaylotw

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
JR's had PA amd DH in stock this week. They're back.
While I was out and about today I stopped by my local smoke shop to pick up a roll of Copenhagen pouches while there I noticed they were out of Carter Hall and Prince Albert, they usually keep 3 tubs of each in the case. Because inquiring minds want to know I asked when she expected it to be back in stock, she said her distributor told her it is being discontinued, so I asked who is your distributor, she said JR Cigars. Duh, we all know they are out of stock online and I haven't been to Burlington to check stock in the store. Perhaps there is some truth to the rumors. Luckily I still have an online source for the time being and four tubs in the cellar. Any new news?
JRs had both in the Burlington store this week, and somebody went in, and bought all the tubs. They said they'd restock.

Status
Not open for further replies.