PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carolinasmokes

Check and see if you have the new stuff, made in the Dominican Republic. If so, how about a taste test comparison to the original made in the USA. Thanks.

Reactions: rushx9

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Speaking of old favorites, I just bought pouches of SWR original and Velvet, to compare with Amphore Burley on hand. Right now I am smoking Match 965 Mixture from PC. My first bowl of SWR was far better than I remembered it, a gas station pouch that hadn't aged well.

DunhillPiper

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2019
USA
Check and see if you have the new stuff, made in the Dominican Republic. If so, how about a taste test comparison to the original made in the USA. Thanks.
I can confirm that both Carter Hall & Prince Albert are now made in Dominican Republic. I got both last month when they came back in stock but have not tried either yet since I already had some older stuff open.

I’m curious if anyone has tried them and done a comparison. ?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I can confirm that both Carter Hall & Prince Albert are now made in Dominican Republic. I got both last month when they came back in stock but have not tried either yet since I already had some older stuff open.

I’m curious if anyone has tried them and done a comparison. ?
Somebody did on another forum. He showed photos of both versions of CH. The new stuff is a little lighter in color with a rougher cut. The flavors are similar, but not exact, according to him. If I was buying tobacco and had the old version, I'd take a spin at both to see for myself.

GCW

Can't Leave
Nov 17, 2019
Seattle
Also interested in what seasoned CH / PA smokers have to say about the recent DR releases. Are the cuts different from the originals?

IMG_0740.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG

Aug 1, 2012
Somebody did on another forum. He showed photos of both versions of CH. The new stuff is a little lighter in color with a rougher cut. The flavors are similar, but not exact, according to him. If I was buying tobacco and had the old version, I'd take a spin at both to see for myself.
I can provide a pouch of the old stuff for the cause if someone else will send the new.

EDIT: I can provide it in a month when I get back to my storage unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.