PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I can't find ammo, and today I found out my favorite pipe tobacco, Carter Hall, is off the shelves and is back ordered. The online dealers give you the option of "notify me when available" via email. I've heard that one before!
Whats next ? Straub beer vanishing from the shelves? I can't take much more!!
maybe I am a skeptic but I wonder how much of some products not being available is manufactured scarcity. An attempt to drive up demand. With ammo I feel like it's half and half and with Middleton I feel like it's 100 percent.

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
Picked a nice hold over while this mess sorts itself out. Stopped by the discount smoke shop just over the state line on my way back from a Dr. appointment, last one they had, but a full tub of CH is mine!!! It does have the old label...but the contents look, and smell right to me.

• Love
Reactions: Old School 3319

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
Just had my first bowl of velvet the other day it is not anything like CH but it is a great smoke
I may have a go at this velvet stuff for fun one of these days...on the list of old school tobaccos I haven't gotten to. It was not for sale at this same place, there are other shops around though.

C

carolinasmokes

Anyone have any info on the 2 styles of pouch seen here, like when the change took place? The tobacco is good in either so it's really more of a curiosity than anything.View attachment 71180
The one on the right is the old style packaging and the one on the left is the new face of Carter Hall. I like the new style color and labeling better.

Status
Not open for further replies.