Carrying Around a Pipe and Accoutrements....HOW ?????

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
So....I recently started to smoke my old pipes again, after many years. 90% of the time, I smoke my pipes at home, but I would like to bring along a pipe and some tobacco when visiting friends, going to outside events, etc....but how do I pack and carry all the things that go along with pipe-smoking...tampers, pipe-cleaners, matches, tobacco(s), the pipe itself, etc? Carrying around a pipe tobacco, cell phone, eyeglasses, wallet, can be a real PITA. I'm thinking that some kind of leather, shoulder bag/case might be the way to go....something like a camera bag, so the hands can remain free. Honestly, I hate the idea of carrying a shoulder bag of some sort no matter how masculine it might look....but I see no other way around this problem.
Give me some ideas or alternatives. Pipes, tobacco, and accoutrements have to be carried in "something", or, I'll just have to leave the pipe at home, so what do I do?
What do you guys use for carrying a pipe around?
Frank

moses

Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
I just throw a cob in my shirt pocket on my way out the door. Few bowls worth of tobacco into a little zip top bag, and you're good to go. :puffy:

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
Well...first, I can't resist another opportunity to plug for Sorringowl & Sons. This fits in my pants pocket when closed.
z6aMCrL.jpg

But the truth is, the easiest thing is to pack the pipe before I leave the house. Then I just keep it in a pocket, and grab the zippo. Usually a czech tool as well, but you don't need one. Tamp with your finger, stir the ash with a key, etc.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
No bags, hags or fags (Brit for cigarettes.)! Just load a pipe before going out. One lighter or one book of matches. Finger is tamper. Pipecleaners left behind. Small baggie for a couple of reloads. Pocket fits all. Supplies remain in auto and at home.
I do admire the neat solutions others have, but I just can't be arsed to be tidy or well prepared for all possibilities.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
We just recently had another thread about this and there were many ideas floated.
Heres' what I use if I go out for more than a short walk with a pre-packed pipe. Less than $20, but certainly not nearly as nice as leather setup like the one above.
Y5alF6s51LETRlLNpqwzpxoI5jqQrsMUs06DhaIvCKLmNqy9kh-J3ZJH_vOqaFEwEdz7iJvpOXgXyXBkW6D6GDWY8tloPVhJNuXQ66rFKb6Tgg5bzR5ay4DSSHTizkQM0CZNtqMjjJsFuzPyaUQZOgckp-KlwYPu72M6ZecodRqzME2wkKq1AUIzXsc4c55z5-GK1CqdzZuLNM_gfSUU-BqI9x8Rr05acX2VUck6uCYaoVRFiJX9c8mDnOqBWHrHJL-UFhchSVumOifdTdfVCTg5kJPNOnfRfwedCyWDgBu_btYO1Q_3wMjb5T2NrdEGaO1zUpeviIuZHB4eTA0LKvOeLz6h_KzPo3euQNTlqt3DKN__3qcJQsTm70GjIXmy8GUD5eZm_YN35OUhJMrqEGKmUiRExC_kiEv9wV2DmL85vl1hWWz1Z89oUy_k-8Yi4xulqBbwMtyytabOEyE-SsmH7opawiEfFKyoNtbE-2kPNVnTErGW91aR6arqSjnzssw31yMTA3Y0qE3YSnZtvCKI-wz6xtm_uNSYEjBd6MJ5zyZuZeeyEgpueFSBEG6Pdvukbtbgtx7YKoBjU0bhLyNsWlihn1lnt2ONP5eImRsaR-3iOHRW=w1000-h1333-no

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
I have had this horse hide bag for almost 30 years. It will carry everything. :D Everything including a spork and one of several different pipe 'rolls'.
36406392231_fb0e148b68_z_d.jpg

36375872292_5b91784e56_z_d.jpg

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I put a pipe in it's sock, slide a couple pipe cleaners in with it, put my lighter in my pocket, and carry a small mason jar of tobacco if I'm just going over to a friends to hang out. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.