PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
My first thought was to buy some carrot cake extract and flavor some unflavored tobacco on your own.
But ... as always ... somebody beat you to it; sounds to complicated.

Reactions: JOHN72

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
DON'T

I love rums (I have over 50 rums open) and I'm a chocoholic.

The 2 worst blends of tobacco I've ever tried ?
I can't say "smoked" as I couldn't finish the bowls
A rum-topped blend and a chocolate-flavoured one.

Liking something and smoking it can be an entirely different experience.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I am just starting on my pipe smoking journey.
You definitely don't want to start with flavored blends yet. Unless you're a couple of years into smoking a pipe, all you'll get from them is flavorless hot air and a scorched tongue. That being said, once you've gotten a fairly decent handle on packing and smoking cadence, Sutliff Christmas Spice may be to your lkking.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Hello everyone,

I am just starting on my piping journey. Is there someone who makes a blend that tastes like carrot cake? Let me know if you have come across one. Thanks.
I hope not.
Sorry.
Sounds terribly disgusting. But I had bad results from trying flavored aromatics in the beginning.
Then I learned the appreciation of the flavors of the leaves.

Reactions: OzPiper
Ice Cube WTF gif confused | Reaction Gifs

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
DON'T

I love rums (I have over 50 rums open) and I'm a chocoholic.

The 2 worst blends of tobacco I've ever tried ?
I can't say "smoked" as I couldn't finish the bowls
A rum-topped blend and a chocolate-flavoured one.

Liking something and smoking it can be an entirely different experience.
I don’t know. I too like rum and chocolate and thoroughly enjoy blockade runner and English chocolate. It’s a matter of finding the right ones that work through the many that don’t.

Reactions: sandollars

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
A few of your favorite rums are?
My 2 absolute favourites are a pre-Castro Cuban rum (?1946) raised in Jerez at famed sherry house Valdespino, and allegedly kept for family consumption. When Valdespino was sold, the new owners decided to bottle the remainder of the cask.

And a 1952 Clement Rhum agricole from Martinique.

With an honoprable mention to the 1976 Clement.

Others are 30yo Appleton, 25yo El Dorado, 1981 English Harbour and 21yo Rum Nation Panama.

Reactions: clynch

Old_Newby

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2022
Texas
Hello everyone,

I am just starting on my piping journey. Is there someone who makes a blend that tastes like carrot cake? Let me know if you have come across one. Thanks.
Welcome Flyover. I just started in November (I think), but time flies. As a recent newby I hope I can offer a few pointers.

1) These guys are super nice with great advice and some will joke and poke fun. It’s all good. Enjoy the fun and adventure.

2) Go after whatever you like including carrot cake. Heck they make a bacon and syrup, and a Peanut Butter flavor.

3) Aro’s are great and smell terrific but the flavors are very subtle. I was disappointed more than not because I expected strong flavor. Vapor pipes offer more flavoring but are full of bad chemicals.

4) Consider 1oz bulks and matches to save some money. Don’t spend $15 on 1 tin that you don’t know if you like. For example I love Big Ben (London Match) which is English blend. $2.48 an oz.

5) TobaccoReviews.com is very helpful as well as reviews on the sellers websites. Read the negative reviews as much as the good ones.

Don’t get discouraged. Study up on smoking cadence, packing, tamping, blends, etc. Enjoy!!