PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidsaulmarshall

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 18, 2019
Cambridge, MA
I can't believe there hasn't been a thread on this yet. C&D announced yesterday via their Instagram that a new batch of Carolina Red Flake would be released with 2002 perique (presumably of the batch used in the SmokingPipes XX release a month ago). Not sure about you guys, but I'm really excited for this. I find Carolina Red Flake to be really, really spicy and I imagine the addition of aged perique will calm it down some. I'm going to be buying a lot of this, I think. What do you think?

Full insta-post:

"We created Carolina Red Flake as a tribute to the Old Belt, to the traditional harvesting and processing of Carolina tobacco straight from Carolina soil. Combining equal measures of stoved and unstoved red Virginias from 2018, Carolina Red Flake with Perique elevates that tradition even further by adding a generous portion of genuine St. James Perique from 2002. It’s rich, deep, and complex. It’s how a Virginia/Perique flake should be. Available 04.07.20"

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 08.23.57.png

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
10 pounds of Elizabethan Match, 5 pounds of Rouxgaroux, and 30 tins of Doblone d'Oro are why I'm not jumping at the new C&D. Already have my quota of Virginia Periques.

Haven't tried Rouxgaroux. What would you compare it to?

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I can't remember if the Smoking Pipes 20th anniversary XX Dark Flake specified which Virginia they used but the stoved/unstoved +aged perique sounds exactly like the XX Dark Flake description. I'm a fan of CRF and I liked the tin of XX Dark Flake I've smoked through so I'll probably buy some of this. Can never have enough VA or VA/per stocked up.

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
How's that being negative? I'm stocked up. Plus, it's not going to be that much different than the majority of Virginia/Perique blends readily available.

Seemingly every time there’s a new release you talk about how you’re not going to get any, how well stocked up you are, and here you are saying it’s not going to be much different than other blends (which you don’t know). Not sure why you want to try to say this isn’t being negative when you clearly advertise your negativity every time someone posts about a new blend.

Reactions: twoonefive

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
which you don’t know
After thirty years and smoking most of C&D's library, there isn't a huge variation between blends of the same genre, so I have a pretty good idea. I'm not telling anyone not to buy it, so no negativity cast. Just sounds like you're looking for something to be offended by.

Status
Not open for further replies.