PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

raybrown55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 5, 2017
Many reviewers on TobaccoReviews.com speak of the progressive number of their tin (for example 9000 out of 10000); I've recently bought a tin of Carolina Red Flake, but I can't see any number other than a 20001 following the text TP-SC. Moreover, strangely enough, on the tin doesn't appear any infamous warning message or photo. Any suggestions? Thanks to all.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
My tins had the serial number on the label. They also had a sticker with the date on the bottom, presumably when they were packed.

Maybe they made more than 10k?

(I call shenanigans on the whole thing. Of my two tins, the tin with the lower serial number had a date sticker after the tin with the higher serial number. So either they don’t fill the tins in serial order, or the date stickers are just made up nonsense, or they all just sit in a bin and get the labels in random order after filling.

Luckily, the serial number doesn’t matter. Or the exact date for that matter.)

raybrown55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 5, 2017
Thanks, the date sticker on the bottom of my tin reports 092919, but no visible serial number, except the aforementioned and unlikely 20001....

raybrown55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 5, 2017
Maybe just before sending the tins to Europe (where I live) they lost the tin count….

swilford

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2010
Longs, SC
corporate.laudisi.com
Maybe they made more than 10k?

(I call shenanigans on the whole thing. Of my two tins, the tin with the lower serial number had a date sticker after the tin with the higher serial number. So either they don’t fill the tins in serial order, or the date stickers are just made up nonsense, or they all just sit in a bin and get the labels in random order after filling.

Luckily, the serial number doesn’t matter. Or the exact date for that matter.)

C&D made 10k for the US market and about 300 (unserialized) for other markets. There's easy way to keep the serializing straight across markets (for a variety of reasons, but not least of which is because of labeling requirements being different in different markets).

And, yes, they didn't fill the tins in serialized order. When you think about it, it's almost inevitable, right? You have a number of production lines and stacks of labels at each, which were serialized when printed, but not when applied to tins. The whole run was tinned across a few days, so it really doesn't make much/any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.