PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Wanted to try out a Cardinal House pipe and picked this one, a Hollingsworth Smooth Dublin with Silver Band. What a great pocket pipe. After have it in hand and properly tested, I can say it is a winner.
http://imgur.com/a/htykL
Cardinal House: Hollingsworth Smooth Dublin with Silver

Product Number: 002-719-0022
Quite a unique, wispy grain pattern on this crisp Dublin rendition, and certainly no shortage of birdseye. The narrow chamber dimensions would make this one your ideal choice for some ribbon or shag-cut Virginias. The diminutive size is could classify it as a pocket pipe, though this fellow is still fairly substantial in hand. It would surely be an easy one clench, and I imagine the rakish profile would look quite dapper.
— Daniel Bumgardner
Measurements & Other Details

Length: 4.48 in./113.79 mm.

Weight: 0.93 oz./26.31 g.

Bowl Height: 1.89 in./48.01 mm.

Chamber Depth: 1.61 in./40.89 mm.

Chamber Diameter: 0.66 in./16.76 mm.

Outside Diameter: 1.18 in./29.97 mm.

Stem Material: Vulcanite

Filter: None

Shape: Dublin

Finish: Smooth

Material: Briar

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
Beautiful! Is Cardinal House a new endeavor? They just popped up on my radar a few weeks ago.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Cardinal House Pipes
For quite a while now, I have wanted to offer an affordable option in high quality, completely handmade pipes. In 2014, Cardinal House Pipes was introduced in a limited quantity through my local B&M. At the time, Cardinal House pipes were Cannoy seconds with pre-molded stems, but offered anonymously. Although they were received well in the market, I myself was not satisfied with the quality, especially of the stems, or with the idea of producing seconds.
Throughout this entire year, I have been teaching myself to make great pipes faster, and have been tailoring my workflow to that end as well. This has lead to the re-creation of Cardinal House Pipes!
The new Cardinal House pipes are not Cannoy seconds. The workflow is completely different from the creation of a Cannoy pipe, and as of the launch of the Cardinal House brand of pipes, I will be returning to a part-time/hobbyist level of production on my Cannoy brand pipes. Cardinal House pipes are now my full time job.
Cardinal House pipes are not machine made stummels, nor pre-molded stems. They are completely, and expertly handmade in-house from raw, high grade briar, with hand-cut stems from German Ebonite or Acrylic. These pipes represent a best value in handmade pipes in today’s market!
The “Cardinal House” name is derived from the location of my home, on Cardinal Pl. in Lakeland, behind which sits my small, one man workshop where these pipes are crafted. To pay homage to Lakeland, the city in which I grew up and have very close ties, I have named the pipes’ various series after some of my favorite Lakeland locations.
http://waltcannoy.com/cardinalhousepipes/

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
Beautiful pipes...is the entire line in the "pocket pipe" genre? Looks like they're all in the sub 5" category.

Status
Not open for further replies.