PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
My 2nd place prize from last months caption contest came in last Friday. I wasn't able to get pics posted until today. As you can see, this is a nice size pipe with a rusticated finish and good thick walls. I am very happy with this Sav because it is not a shape I would have picked out for myself, so it is a nice departure for me. It smokes wonderfully, has a nice open draw and because of the thick walls, smokes very cool. It has some heft which means you need a pretty strong jaw to clench it for more than a short while. All in all, a terrific pipe and I would like to thank Kevin and Smoking Pipes.com for this great gift.
Poke2.jpg

Poke4.jpg

Poke3.jpg

Poke1.jpg

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
That's a really nice pipe for just knocking out a caption. How many attempts at the contests would you say it took before you got yourself a winner?

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
@cmdrmcbragg: If my memory is correct, it took something like 6 or 7 tries before I won the first time. When I have won, it is a case of the caption immediately jumping into my head, the times when I have had to try and come up with a caption have never won.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
@batdemon, that isn't bad at all. I have the same strategy as well, but haven't cracked a winner out yet. I have won plenty of MLB, NHL and NBA tickets from the local sports talk station in similar contests. Maybe pipe humor isn't my thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.