PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Just got back from watching Captain America Civil War. Great movie. Deserves the high praise from critics and audiances. If you are like me, and a Marvel Studio fan-boy, do yourself a favor and go see it.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Rarely does a movie I want to see get such a high praise, although I must admit, a part of me feels like not seeing it on principal :) but I'll see it anyways. Looks wicked good and the reviews are stellar! I ALWAYS listen to Richard Roeper and he loved this movie.

Dec 24, 2012
I liked parts of the movie but it was way too long, something which seems to be a fad in hollywood these days. My wife felt the same way. We have decided from now on that we won't be going to see any movies longer than 120 minutes from now on. If they can't tell a succinct story in 120 minutes or less (preferably less - 90 to 100 mins is just about perfect) then we are not interested.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
That's a sensible strategy, one that I think I'll follow.... There are very few flicks I can't wait for them to come out on DIRECTV or Netflix.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Looks great, I'll wait until Bluray. Last thing I saw in theaters was Jungle Book. Great movie. Bill Murray was fantastic.

Mar 1, 2014
If you haven't seen the other Captain America and Iron Man movies I can see some people coming away thinking it's not "perfect" or "nearly perfect" as most of the reviews indicate, you can find plausible holes in some of the action and character motivation, but as someone who has seen every movie leading up to this, and read the relevant book, this movie gave me chills and left me speechless at several points.

This is probably the only movie that will ever tie so many character arcs together so intuitively. Quite frankly I can't see Marvel topping this performance ever again, the tangled web we're about to enter in Infinity War probably won't allow this much depth... "Probably".

If Doctor Strange turns out really good then who knows, Cumberbatch could work wonders for Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy. It's possible we're just lining up to have our minds blown all over again with new characters in the Galactic setting, but when it comes to Cap and Tony, this is the payoff, you aren't going to get anything better out of those two than what you get here.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
peckinpahhombre wrote:
"If they can't tell a succinct story in 120 minutes or less (preferably less - 90 to 100 mins is just about perfect) then we are not interested."
I agree with you, but there are some worth sticking in there for. "Gone With The Wind" = 234 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.