PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

clynch

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2013
Pensacola Florida
I like all tobaccos but I'm looking for a favorite. Something that rings my bell. I'd like to find something that would let me know if I like Virginias or not. A good clean Virginia. Would the Capstan yellow on sale fit that billet? I'm also lookIng for a clean BURLEY. Thanks.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I really like Capstan Gold Flake and RR. But it's not what I'd start someone on for Virginia blends. Too much topping. I'd recommend GLP Union Square or MB HH Pure Virginia Flake, both are really available. If you can get it, I highly recommend Fribourg & Treyer Cut Virginia Plug.

Capstan Blue is excellent but I think it needs a few years before it hits that level.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Mostly or all burley would be better. I don't want something that is generally Burley but its blended that completely changes the burley to something different. I'd like something that represents what a burley should taste like.
I find Sutliff Ready Rubbed is all
Mostly or all burley would be better. I don't want something that is generally Burley but its blended that completely changes the burley to something different. I'd like something that represents what a burley should taste like.
Try some Sutliff Ready Rubbed…very tasty w/ a cocoa topping that doesn’t hurt da ?. ☕

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
when I tested the Capstan Blue and Gold flakes, I knew right away I loved the Blue and kind of liked the Gold. I didn't care for about the Yellow flake was it's really citrusy thing it had going. I passed on the Gold and ordered over 150 tins of the Blue.

Fast forward a bunch of years and Smokingpipes found a batch of 2013 Gold Ready Rubbed. I bought my usual taste tin and liked it enough to buy 25 tins. It is a nice morning smoke in a couple of my group 6 pipes.