PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
So I saw this recently at my local B&M and have been hankering for an aromatic lately. It's been months since I've tried anything but latakia blends. Thing is, I don't really particularly like any aro I've had (mostly PS and Lane Ltd. blends). But I figured I'd try one again.
So to those of you who might have tried this, what do you think of it? All the reviews online are good mostly, but I'll always take friends' advice above a stranger's.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com

groundsar

Might Stick Around
Nov 22, 2010
Fire Dance was one of the first aromatics I tried and earlier this week I picked it up again. I thoroughly enjoy it and plan for it to become a regular for me.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Took the words outta my mouth Kevin. Eileen's Dream is a lovely aro, don't get me wrong, but it's very subtle--I was halfway through a tin before I caught the hint of white chocolate; it was mainly a soft light vanilla-ish smoke. If you want some punch, in addition to Kevin's suggestions, try Blue Note or Devil's Holiday also.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
If you like the idea of latakia and Chocolate then Two Friend's English Chocolate may fill the bill. I smoke it daily and really enjoy it. It is not overpowering in the lat or chocolate but very nicely balanced.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'd have to second Kevin on that one and his suggestions. It's a great aromatic, but if you've been smoking Latakia blends mostly it might be too subtle. Definitely give what he mentioned a try.

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
Thanks everyone!
I should have read all this first... but I was downtown anyway and just caved.
I'm smoking my first bowl now, here in the cool morning on my front porch and have to say, it's not bad.

It is REAL subtle though, and I don't know if it's me just having been away from aros for so long or what, but this stuff seems alot like 1Q right now (in the 1st half bowl). But that's not a bad thing. I like 1Q when I can handle its sugar. In fact, I don't mind subtleties at all, it's the overbearing sweetness I was afraid of. But it's bearable for now.
@ baskerville: STM is good, but I was REALLY hankering for something sweet!
And to everyone who suggested Bob's chocolate flake: :mrgreen: it's been on my list for awhile now. I've been meaning to try a lakelandish blend anyhow. Soooooooo, I'm gonna go order some from P&C's right now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.