PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Robby

Lurker
Aug 10, 2020
illinois
Yeah, you need to basically keep the tobacco at a slow smolder the entire time. If you have to relight, no worries. When I first started I kept drawing on it too hard, trying to keep it lit, and that makes all tobacco taste burnt/muted.
one thing i noticed i was doing wrong is i wasnt kissing the flame i was lighting to fast after watching videos yeah i need to stop doing cigar draws lol

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
one thing i noticed i was doing wrong is i wasnt kissing the flame i was lighting to fast after watching videos yeah i need to stop doing cigar draws lol
Yep. It was the cigar draws that were causing me issues. One happy byproduct of learning to smoke pipes is that once you learn to smoke slowly, cigars are better, too in my opinion.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
New pipe smokers often expect an aromatic to taste like the food item (etc.) flavoring. Many more experienced pipe smokers don't want the flavoring to predominate, but to accent and complement the tobacco taste. You can find strongly flavored aromatic blends, if you want them, but you may outgrow them fairly soon, so sample in small quantities.

Robby

Lurker
Aug 10, 2020
illinois
New pipe smokers often expect an aromatic to taste like the food item (etc.) flavoring. Many more experienced pipe smokers don't want the flavoring to predominate, but to accent and complement the tobacco taste. You can find strongly flavored aromatic blends, if you want them, but you may outgrow them fairly soon, so sample in small quantities.
i tried a acid cigar and i was like hm this probably is like that lol

Robby

Lurker
Aug 10, 2020
illinois
Sable beat me to it! Lets try not to turn this into a 'I hate Captain Monochromatic Cherry blend' thread. We have to remember A.S.M - Aromatic Smokers Matter so lets all be inclusive and then suggest the gentlemen buys a box of Charter Hall or that tobacco named after a penis piercing technique and Queen Victoria's husband! rotf
lmao! i dont think iv seen hall brand tobacco locally

Reactions: BROBS