PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
In defense of that pipe ... it must have taken a LOT of work, and doesn't it look remarkably like three smoke rings?
I dunno, I wouldn't pay $400 for it, but I'd take it.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
When ever I see a pipe like this all I can think is that it must of have been a bad piece of briar to hack it up like that. :laughat:

nbpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
I guess I'm just a bit different then, as I actually like the shape of it. Would I pay $400 for it? Not a chance, then again, I don't think I would ever pay that much for a pipe.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Totally agree with ya nbpiper.
I wouldn't give $400 for any pipe but I do like the almost anti-symmetry it represents.

Looking at it more, puts me in mind of a rising cloud, or a twister perhaps.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That seller has some interesting pieces, but with some odd high starting prices. They all come with "make an offer" options so it would appear the seller is aware of this.
How about this one?

$(KGrHqZHJBoE7yJMVJ(eBPFwC)UHpg~~60_3.JPG

There is a nice looking Wilmer I'd like to have, this one looks fairly priced.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Willmer-Antique-Collection-Smooth-Bent-/230732891716?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b8c08644

wyldcard

Lurker
Nov 19, 2013
New to this site i joined to defend this Style of Nording. I have one very similar to this.
Mine is not as large as far as the ridges running up it go but trust me once you get it your hand you would appreciate the work that went into making it.
Its a fantastic smoker as well.I smoke Nording Hunter Fox Hound in it and it puts my Sav. Punto Oro to shame.
I will post some pictures of it up on here once i figure out how to do it.
As the org. post states 40 years old is right. I also wrote Mr. Nording with a few pics of this one and he also told me he make it around 40 years ago.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not a pretty Nording. I like some of his machine pipes best, the Eriksen line. Some of his

freehands are superlative, but others just seem cranked out. This is as noted, ah, canine in origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.