PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
Currently watching Radiohead for the basement on YouTube (in 3D), window is open and it's snowing. I've got some Newninster Navy Flake in my bowl. Life is good.

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
I totally understand darthcider. I can see why. They are an acquired taste. Like Gorgonzola.

morton

Part of the Furniture Now
May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
@minfarshaw
I'm sitting in my study/smoking room/library with a big bowl of AJ's VaPer going, a wee dram of the MaCallan 12 and some Mozart on the stereo but I feel exactly the same way. Life IS good. Enjoy.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
Christmas is in summer here down under in Australia, however that being said summer seems to be taking its time getting here.

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
Yaddy, I agree. It is a piece of art. One of the best albums I've ever listened to. The King of Limbs on is not so bad either. in Rainbows is just hard to beat.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Min, I've been listening to Radiohead for a few years now, and I like them quite a bit. I know it's odd for old farts like me to like some things like this, but I tend to listen alternative music and jazz and classic more than other types. Give Laurie Anderson a shot sometime if you haven't yet, and Gorgonzola is great, but I tend to like Stilton better.
Morton, Mozart is a go to for me too, but I've been drinking Ardbeg, as I just got a bottle of it for my birthday, and I do like Islay scotches!

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
Orley,

Different generation tend to prefer different music. I remember when I used to listen to just grunge or alternative. I started branching out to other genre in my 20s. There is just so much out there. Spotify has definitely helped me discover a lot of music. I like classical music but dont really have a collection of it. I know a lot of it because of my dad and my grandparents. My grandparents were concert pianists. I used to lay under my grandfather's piano and watch the keys as he practiced. that makes for a great memory. Classical music makes me nostalgic and home sick.
Radiohead is a great band. Very creative song writing. I will give Lauri Anderson a listen. May I suggest Mondo Cane by Mike Patton. He has many projects. I consider this one to be the most accessible. It is in Italian but from what I gather, his accent is terrible. He's a character though. Very entertaining.
By the way, my Aerosophere, now dubbed the breakfast pipe is smoking like a champ.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
@minfarshaw
By the way, my Aerosophere, now dubbed the breakfast pipe is smoking like a champ.
I like to start the day with a Lat or Oriental forward blend. Currently it's FMOTB, but I do miss my EMP.
@bubbleheaddiver
I am ordering Peterson tobacco
Give the Irish Flake a try.

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
I've been a big Radio Head fan since the early days. In Rainbows is certaibly on of their best albums. IMHO you can't get better than Ok Computer. Enjoy your evening! And thanks for sharing, I may through an album on tonight as I enjoh a bowl.

zzeman

Lurker
Mar 21, 2014
Radiohead is one of those bands that I listened to a lot when I was just out of college. Right around the OK Computer time. I was just thinking the other day that it is one of the few bands from that era that I still really enjoy.
Gorgonzola is good. So is Stilton. But Radiohead while smoking a bowl of something yummy is hard to beat.

morton

May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
@ Orley and ravkesef
After a short outing, I'm back in the smoking chair with some McC 5100 Red Cake and another scotch I picked up yesterday on a whim, Bowmore 15, an Islay finished in sherry casks. Seaweed/briny/smokey taste quite muted but some Islay medicinal character comes through in the aftertaste. But the weird/neat thing is that it is nearly red from the sherry. I've never seen scotch as dark before. Not my favorite but we'll see if it grows on me.
Edit: And I've got some jazz happening.

stoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 19, 2014
sounds like a great night. Just finished a 1.5 hour bowl of luxury bullseye flake out on my covered porch in the rain. Listen to various mixed tunes.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
A good pipe with good music, excellent for contemplating life, sitting outside now whilst my son is riding his bike and I'm thinking what area to move to at the end of January as the landlord has decided to move back into his unit in February.

frank13

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2014
Bakersfield, CA
Radiohead is great; not only for their lyrics, but for the complexity of their chordal arrangements. Nice stuff. If you're into older alternative, (and back in the day, these guys were WAY cutting edge), look up the Chameleons UK, "Second Skin." (From the album, "Script of the Bridge." The whole album is amazing!)

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
For me its strong coffee, old Tragically Hip, and my truck. Next winter I hope to have the "Man Shed" completed and I can sit with my Warre's Warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.